Housework has to wait

Old 09-03-2013, 07:46 AM

Default Housework has to wait

I have the ironing board out and all the parifinelia that goes with catching up but then I open QB and it all goes out the window...again... haha. Do ya'll have a problem getting anything else done? I don't get off here long enough to accomplish much else. Probably would get more quilts and UFO's finished if I would disipline myself to read QB at night instead of in morning. Oh Well its a good life
Old 09-03-2013, 07:56 AM

I, too have those days. It does help me if I sign on in the evening on days when I have a lot to do.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:03 AM
Power Poster

Well I need my sleep since I get up early around 6:15 so I can get DH breakfast. Then after he packs his lunch I check computer, business emails and FB and QB. I just give the house a lick and a promise to do better the next time whenever that happens. BUT I do try to clean as I go through out the day. Makes things easier. We have hardwood floors. have to tell you though we are on water rationing. Not allowed to wash our autos except on trash pickup day. Didn't think anything about it when I took my window blinds out onto the carport laid them across a couple wooden horses. For those who don't know what wooden horses are, they are carpenters frames used to lay material across to cut. Well I use them to hose down my window blinds. 2 weeks ago a police officer pulled up and tried to write me a ticket for washing my car. I wasn't I told him I was cleaning my blinds. The car just happened to be in the way. Got a warning though. He said I missed a spot. I just let the blinds air dry and get bacto them later. but clean as you go. If the "House Police" show up , show them a rag and to have at it, or show them the door. And not to make a butt print on the way out.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:51 PM

Here, I thought I was alone with this dilemma.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Power Poster

Spend most of my time in my sewing room, and running my grandaughter around seems I have to make an appointment to get anything else done.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:50 AM
Power Poster

Well, here I am awake and reading at 4:45....should be getting more sleep before my long day at work.....
Old 09-04-2013, 03:18 AM

I'm right there in the same boat with you all! Get on here & spend way tooo much time. Hate to do housework.. Need to dust, clean out somethings, etc. BUT would rather be at the sewing machine.... It is a good life!!!
The message from tessagin was shocking.... but we are very, very low on water.. the lakes are so low here in Texas...
Old 09-04-2013, 03:24 AM

I have to read QB in the morning. But that doesn't mean that I get much else accomplished during the day
Old 09-04-2013, 03:46 AM

right you are
Old 09-04-2013, 08:58 AM

and this is wrong how??? Housework will be there after we all go to the quilt place in the sky-why worry about it now!??

Too much I rather be doing than housework-and I am with you-if house police show up-give them a rag and let them go to it-I have better things to do than housework-quilt, read, garden, QB, friends. My house is clean enough to pass local health rules and dirty enough to be comfortable.