How cold ARE you???

Old 11-26-2010, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
In Southern Ontario Canada, it is just below freezing -2C or about 30F. It's bright and sunny and we have a small skiff of snow on my back deck. We've had a beautiful November with many farmers finishing digging potatoes just last week. Sometimes we have lots of snow in November but not this year. My poor son is Calgary is freezing his *** off in -25C weather.
I guess we all now know, why Canadians are so friendly, they have to be, to stay warm! :thumbup:
Old 11-28-2010, 09:49 AM

Am I the only northerner to reply? How about you people out in ND and SD where during this passed week the temperature read somewhere around forty foot below the thermometer? A Paul Bunyon quote! You know him. He was among the guys cutting down timber out in the forest. When talking with his fellow cutters they had to build a fire, get out the frying pan, grab the words which had frozen in mid-air while they were talking, and put them into the frying pan to thaw so that they could hear what everone said!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by dallison532
Am I the only northerner to reply? How about you people out in ND and SD where during this passed week the temperature read somewhere around forty foot below the thermometer? A Paul Bunyon quote! You know him. He was among the guys cutting down timber out in the forest. When talking with his fellow cutters they had to build a fire, get out the frying pan, grab the words which had frozen in mid-air while they were talking, and put them into the frying pan to thaw so that they could hear what everone said!
That is why I left Mn for the west coast. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 11-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
How cold is it where you are??? I woke up to MINUS 8 degrees this morning....24 degrees colder than the normal! (where IS global warming?????????) :mrgreen:
--10 this morning and going to feel much colder with wind chill. Went out and layered incl tights/boots and sheepskin gloves/hat and wasn't that cold, hope for snow!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by franie
No, I am not moving south. I have lived there and it is not me. I love winter!
Originally Posted by amorerm
Just "goes to show you" how the Southern states would get really crowded if all of us could move our lives there. HeHeHeHe!!!!
Originally Posted by scowlkat
Uh, feel like apologizing for my 65 degrees! Quilt on!
me too, would love to be with you.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:41 PM

It has not been cold here in Northern Maine, thus far. Temperatures down enough so that the snow which fell over Thanksgiving did not melt. I spent one winter down in Tennessee, and vowed never again would I spend the winter in the south. All those beautiful mountains, and no snow to ski on! Right now it is a winter wonderland here.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Low 30s here. Much more pleasant than getting snow. Still cold. I miss summer.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Low 30s here. Much more pleasant than getting snow. Still cold. I miss summer.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:46 AM

Once the cold sets in we dress accordingly. Being outside to ski, skate, walk, shovel snow keeps one warmed up in good shape. Snow covered fields with not a foot print in sight are so very pretty. This is especially true right after a snow storm when the snow is still on the evergreen trees. When the sun comes out, and the sky is very blue, it is a magnificent scene to behold. Every once and a while we can see deer and moose munching on tender branches of the desciduous trees, and rabbits fleeing foxes. Rabbits can change direction with one leap, causing the pursuing foxes to end up in heaps of drifts.
I love winter.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:37 AM

dallison you paint a very pretty picture.