Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Do You Save the Growing List of Usernames and Passwords? >

How Do You Save the Growing List of Usernames and Passwords?

How Do You Save the Growing List of Usernames and Passwords?

Old 12-13-2013, 07:13 AM

It's so easy just remembering one password ;-)
Old 12-13-2013, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

All DH and my passwords except financial, are the same for both of us on email and websites. Nothing to forget. We found this was the best solution for us as we were forever forgetting what password was used.
My DD knows we use the same password for all our password websites and email so she can close out the accounts if there is ever a need. One important tip: Please put a copy of financial passcodes, passwords, pins, with your important papers. And update the copy as needed.
Old 12-13-2013, 07:44 AM

I have a little address book that I write them in.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:26 AM

I've had to create a spread sheet with all the sites I visit, plus the passwords and log ins. I keep the information on a thumb drive that I keep in a very safe place. I works for me.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:49 AM

I just found this great free app called 'dash lane' that stores all your user names and passwords, it automatically loads all the info you have stored on your computer, and then automatically logs you in when you go to a particular website. It works really well.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:15 AM

I have a notebook of all computer info.,all helps for this and that, and all passwords I use. It is amazing how often I refer to this for all of the things I promised myself I wouldn't forget, but that I manage to forget!
It is easy to update, and I do that occasionally. Too much to remember along all of the tme.
Mariah
Old 12-13-2013, 09:20 AM

Great ideas. I think it needs to be easy for the person using the system. I use an address book that I have had for many years and it has been great. Probably time to update to a new address book or try one of the other ideas mentioned. Thanks for all of you that post because I have learned so much and it is like having another family. Every morning I look forward to looking on my iPad to see what I can learn. Wishing each of you a very Merry Christmas
Old 12-13-2013, 09:41 AM

You can still keep them that way, just use pencil! You could use a phonebook too!

I keep a single piece of paper with everything on it. I did make a back up copy though. Just in case. Every once in a while my dd's get a little snarky and I wanted to make sure that I had a back up in case they think of borrowing my paper!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:42 AM

I'm a fanatic for organization or at least I try to keep everything in order. I have all my websites printed with the log-on names and passwords in alphabetical order so I can find them easy. I do keep my craft sites on one page and my personal sites such as bank, credit cards, utilities on another page. I update them every couple of months too. I'm so anal that I have a listing of all my hard back books which I've been collecting for my retirement as well as all my VHS and/or DVD movies. I use the Excel program to keep my listings uptodate.

I just recently made up a list for all my quilting and embroidery threads by brand and how many spools of each color so I can just go to my list and see if I need something in a certain color. This helps a lot when my favorite sites are having a sale............I can check the list to see what I have and then just add the new in pencil along side till the package arrives.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:42 AM

some are written down ( in code), others are in my head. Irritates the heck out of me when they make you keep changing it. What I do, is, change it if they make me, then go right back and change it to what I want.