How to make so many quilts

Old 04-23-2011, 06:05 PM

my biggest hurdle is keeping the floors swept clean of cat hair (I have 6 indoor furbabies) Once DH leaves for work at 6AM, I run around behind the Hoover, rip something dead out of the freezer for dinner to be served 12 hours later, then dash to my sewing room! Life is good!
Originally Posted by Crlyn
So thats why I don't get to do as much quilting as I want.....truth is, my conscience gets to me, I have to have things in order before I start......drives me bats! :?
Old 04-23-2011, 06:08 PM

The mantra in this house is

"He Cooks, She Quilts".

gotta tell ya, he's a dang good cook!
Old 04-23-2011, 06:52 PM

I do dishes when I run out of spoons, I do change the sheets on the bed once a week, wash them and put them back on and mostly make the bed, because my quilt is on it, I sweep the floor when needed (every other week or so), I hung sheer curtains up, so you can't see how dirty the windows are. I mostly do housework everyday.......I do whatever I can get done during the time it takes for the coffee to "cook" in the morning.......but man can I make a lot of quilts.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by SueDor
I'm glad I'm not the only one!
me too!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Right answer!!! LOL!!!!
So true!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by mountainmammo
My neighbor asked me how I found the time to do so much quilting. I told her,"I don't do housework." She thought I was joking?!!? :-D

mountainmammo
Lol...it's one or the other!!! I'd choose quilting.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C
I spend one full day cleaning and the rest of my week quilting!
That's what I'll be doing when I retire from work in a few weeks. Sounds like the perfect ratio to me.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:55 PM

My sewing room is what the rest of the family used to think of as the dining room. I tried for 3 days to think of a way 8 of us could eat around the kitchen table - a small square that can hold 4. Period. Hmmmppph. When my daughter and her family arrived today I had cleared off a LOT - trust me - a LOT from that large dining table. Except my tools and of course, the sewing machine. well, and some fabric. Okay, and a ruler or two. Finally after they arrived I managed to clear off the rst of it. I LOVE, love, LOVE them coming, but they must truly be Table Worthy for me to clear things off.

Please look around for me - are they gone so I can pull it all out again?

I teach school during the day, teach piano lessons in the afternoon and early evening, and quilt the rest of the time. It takes 2 piano students to pay the housekeeper who comes twice a month to clean the house to give me more time to quilt! Makes sense to me.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by Crlyn
So thats why I don't get to do as much quilting as I want.....truth is, my conscience gets to me, I have to have things in order before I start......drives me bats! :?
Me too- If someone finds a cure for this, let me know. I annoy myself endlessly!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:20 AM

You guys are all too funny! Myself, my house has to be tidy! It is so small and things get out of place quickly! How does everyone find time to quilt and sew from being on this forum all the time? I am having troubles getting my butt out from in front of this computer and turn around and quilt! LOL Just gotta love this forum!