Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How many quilters have a cat or two? >

How many quilters have a cat or two?

How many quilters have a cat or two?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by zactanls
I have 4 cats - Smiley Lou Meatball,Baby Kitty(Samantha), Mia and Kit -all inherited. I just had to have my little dachshund 17 years old put to sleep. They all got along - we are very sad without Oscar
I'm so sorry you lost your dachshund...I know how losing a pet hurts.

We have rescue miniature wirehaired Dachshund he is 3 years old left at shelter with his papers...at 5 months of age because they couldn't house break him!???? BTW he's never had an accident in our home. I worry constantly about the notoriously bad back issue that dachshunds are known for with him though. It was encouraging to read your post how old Oscar was.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:00 PM

No cats, but two poodles. A 13 pound gold-tan miniature poodle named Ginger and a 7 pound black toy named Holly. I am allergic to cat dander, so unfortunately, I can't have cats.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest
Originally Posted by GemState
One vegetarian kitty. She gets up with me at 5 every morning and her first treat of the day is about a tablespoon of canned peas!! Mine is a cup of coffee.
Now that's funny!!!! A vegetarian cat???? Peas none the less.
Bernie loves peas, and corn too, and if I am drinking a fruity flavored drink of any kind, he wants that too, the other 3 are ok with peas, and corn, but Bernie absolutely loves both.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:09 PM

or three is right! Spike, Spot and sparky - all related but separated by a few years The only pic I can find right now is Sparky

Sparky the baby
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279482[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-279429.jpe  
Old 10-30-2011, 12:13 PM

I have a persian named Callie Ann. She is a tortie. She always wants to sit on my sewing machine. I think it is necessary to have a dog or cat to talk to. They listen. I would say it is about 50/50.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:28 PM

I have 2 -- Slyvester - looks exactly like cat in cartoon.
Princess -- a long hair and has attitude.

Then there are two that belong to my son.
Cole - because he is black everywhere.
Tigger - because of her markings.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:33 PM

One right now - Abby. Used to have 2 but had to put Tuco to sleep in May. He was 16 and had a thyroid condition. Went from 18.5 pounds to around 5.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:34 PM

We have three cats. Bonnie, age 12 Clyde 12 and Little Kitty 4. Two dogs Jaxon 12 and Sophie 4 months. They are my best friends. :mrgreen:
Old 10-30-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
Now, I don't have one myself, but I noticed alot of quilters here and others I know have at least one cat. Would you say 75% does? Is that too high?
I would like to have an inside cat, but the one that eats at my house sleeps somewhere else. She is getting sleek from the extra meals. But I have four dogs, Angel Bear, Schnauzer, (diabetic and blind), Gucci, rescue Pomeranian and the sweetest dog alive, Booger Bear, Yorkie, most lovable dog alive and the new one, a standard poodle who is sort of a semi rescue dog that I'm renaming Cookie. Cookie loves to be brushed and he lies as close as possible when I'm home. He's so big the other dogs have to jump over him or detour around him. Angel Bear and Gucci are female and Booger and Cookie are male. They demand lots of attention when I am doing handwork. froggyintexas
Old 10-30-2011, 12:46 PM

we have 4 cats left out of the 12 feral cats we took in. after making them healthy fell in love with them and couldn't give them up so they got a forever home with us.
the oldest now is metoo 21 then a 16yr old named blondie (my avatar) and 15 yr old spunkie. we did take in another feral cat we found outside having a still born she is now 3 yr old and has a forever home too. her neme is katie, she pretty much picked her own name she wouldn't come to any but katie so that was it.