Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Many of You Wear Aprons?  (I do!) >

How Many of You Wear Aprons? (I do!)

How Many of You Wear Aprons? (I do!)

Old 07-04-2011, 04:06 PM

Oh yes i wear them love my aprons
Old 07-04-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Gladys
I wear mine working outside. It gets a lot of dirt my clothes would normally get. My grandmother was never without one, used it for carrying in the eggs,the berries, the apples, pears and walnuts and even the wood. Plus they have pockets and I can't live without pockets.
I love the one I have with pockets. At one event, I started emptying out the pockets because they had gotten so full. I had taken out so much that one of the 'surgeons' turned to me and asked exactly how deep ARE those pockets? (I felt as though I had a Mary Poppins pockets on that apron...)
Old 07-04-2011, 04:45 PM

I wear one when preparing a large amount of food or baking. Not when I'm just fixing a small dinner for husband and I.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:11 PM

When I walk in the door from work...either I pour myself a glass of wine or DH brings it.... ON goes the apron....and ON goes my dinner plans.
I ruined so many tops with splatters of this and that... no way will I spend time in the kitchen without an apron. There are so many neat bibbed ones available....
Old 07-05-2011, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by kalena
Hi fellow oregonian. I live up HWY 58. We just camped at Cresent lake and I wore an apron while cooking. I wear one almost 99% of the time. Then if you leave it on while you eat, it does double duty:)
I'm smiling as I type this, because that's exactly what I do! Always had my apron along on those camping trips. And leaving it on while eating has saved many a top, LOL!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by BrendaY
When I put an apron on I feel like I'm continuing the tradition of my Grandmother Wilson's. She always wore an apron except when she walked to town to pick up her mail or something... She was a wonderful role model for me, and I miss her...
My Grandmother is how I picked up wearing aprons also. She put one on every morning and wore it throughout the day. What a wonderful lady she was. She came to live with my husband and I when we had been married a little over a year, and we were blessed with her loving presence for 7 years before she passed. I still love and remember her as if it were only yesterday.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Gladys
I wear mine working outside. It gets a lot of dirt my clothes would normally get. My grandmother was never without one, used it for carrying in the eggs,the berries, the apples, pears and walnuts and even the wood. Plus they have pockets and I can't live without pockets.
Oh, I remember my Grandmother doing that also. Those aprons were handy for so many things!
Old 07-05-2011, 12:59 AM

Many thanks to all of you ladies for your responses. For those of you who like aprons, here is a website that I found a year or so ago which has 50+ free apron patterns, most of them retro. (Smiles)

http://tipnut.com/56-free-apron-patterns-you-can-make/
Old 07-05-2011, 02:27 AM

I wear aprons, and inherited several from my mother when she died. It brings back great memories of cooking with her and eating her specialties. I can't bake without one.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:39 AM
Banned

I love aprons with bib upper halves. I don't sew, except for quilting, but friends have made many for me.
I wear an apron when cooking and when eating. When I do nothing gets on it. If I don't everything gets on my shirt.
It's a little like carrying an umbrella to keep it from raining.