Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Much Sugar Have You Had Today? >

How Much Sugar Have You Had Today?

How Much Sugar Have You Had Today?

Old 03-16-2012, 06:52 AM

Sugar like water can kill you, did you know that every single person who died this past century has been a water drinker?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:54 AM

not enough.................
Old 03-16-2012, 07:07 AM

Mocha Frappee sounds really good right now. My car was in the garage all day yesterday and I still don't have it now. When I do get the car I may go and get a Shamrock Shake.
Old 03-16-2012, 07:39 AM

Gave up all processed foods.....no more grain or sugar (miniscule amounts of honey in my tea) and my chronic pain disease and skin disorder (Psoriatic Arthritis~a form of rheumatoid arthritis with the added blessing of psoriasis!) have virtually disappeared!

Also lost 40 lbs since August '11.

A drastic change in lifestyle, but worth it for the ability to function everyday!

I was a big time carb-o-holic and sweet eater......with a myriad of health issues.....Leaky Gut being the point of origin for them all.

I don't miss the sweets....but boy I miss baking (and eating) those Big Fluffy Homemade Rolls dripping with butter! LOL
Old 03-16-2012, 09:03 AM

Has anyone read anything about the connection between poor sleep and ice cream and sugary confections? Supposedly there is a study out there that says that the worse you sleep the more you crave sugar. ????
Old 03-16-2012, 05:55 PM

Did I really need to see that picture when I had just finished a Blizzard from Dairy Queen? And with all the added candy in a Blizzard, I probably consumed twice as many sugar cubes!!

Donna
Old 03-17-2012, 06:48 AM

Speaking of Dairy Queen, the best drink I've had anywhere is the Mocha Moolatta, then the next is McD's Mocha Frappee. I don't have these too often because one can be as much as 500 calories.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey View Post
Let's see I had just a cup of lite coffee this morning, no sugar and just a few spoons of 2% milk, no breakfast as I had a very early appointment at the othropedic dr. Came home and had lunch, toasted sandwich of sliced low sodium turkey with a little honey dijon mustard dressing, an apple, a slice of cheese and a few swigs of diet ice tea. That's no sugar at all, no wonder I feel like I need a pick up. Making myself a cup of fresh brewed tea, adding a little milk and an equal packet. Of course, there are no cookies, cake, etc. around to eat and that's why I've been so good, LOL! What I really would like is one of those MacDonald's Mocha Frappee drinks, wonder if they still make them during the winter. May in Jersey
You've had sugar, you just don't recognize it as sugar. The milk has sugar, the bread has sugar, the honey dijon mustard has sugar, and the apple has sugar.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:36 AM

I dont eat a lot of sugar really. I don't eat candy though, maybe once a week I'll have some chocolate. I have a Pepsi once or twice a week if that. I do drink loads of Arizona Ice Tea though. My bigger problem is salt!
Old 03-17-2012, 10:25 PM

ok, i confess! this is not usual, BUT last night i went to w-m for oreos for my dh. while there i couldn't help but notice a large display of special edition birthday oreos! these oreos have butter creme frosting in the center with little confetti sugar bits! i've almost finished the second bag, and it's 2:30 am, just over 26 hrs from opening the first bag. soooo i would say i probably have enough sugar in me to start a candy factory. whooops! am i bad!!!

Last edited by nancia; 03-17-2012 at 10:28 PM.

FREE Quilting Newsletter