Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How my DH and I Saved a Kitty and found a friend..... >

How my DH and I Saved a Kitty and found a friend.....

How my DH and I Saved a Kitty and found a friend.....

Old 06-14-2010, 08:20 PM

Kallie Kat is very pretty. How very blessed you are to have been chosen by Kallie kat to be his lifetime parents. Thank you for rescuing him and giving him a good home. God bless you.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:25 AM

I am so glad there are good people in the world who will care for a little guy like him. He is beautiful and you and your DH are great people.
Old 06-15-2010, 10:04 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Update on Kallie Kat:
He is still as sweet as ever and getting use to his new home. However I may have to make another trip to the Vet. His special food is running low and the vet did not say to come back and get more or that he had to be on this food for good. So I started by mixing some Purina cat food for indoor cats with his digestive formula and the loose stools started again. So my husband and I have decided to order more of the special diet food (it is expensive) and he is going to discuss with the vet what to do long term if this continues. I am hoping that he does not have some feline disease but trying not to project that far ahead. I am sure if the loose stools continue that the Vet will want to run tests.
The special food should be in tomorrow. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:19 PM

its such a pretty one. and isn't it a great feeling to know you saved one...
Old 06-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Update on Kallie Kat:
He is still as sweet as ever and getting use to his new home. However I may have to make another trip to the Vet. His special food is running low and the vet did not say to come back and get more or that he had to be on this food for good. So I started by mixing some Purina cat food for indoor cats with his digestive formula and the loose stools started again. So my husband and I have decided to order more of the special diet food (it is expensive) and he is going to discuss with the vet what to do long term if this continues. I am hoping that he does not have some feline disease but trying not to project that far ahead. I am sure if the loose stools continue that the Vet will want to run tests.
My Finnigan had this problem (Avatar Cat). I don't know if you can get it in Argentina but try finding a cat food for hairballs. The extra fiber often helps firm up the stool. I had to try several foods to get Finnigan on track. The food that did the trick is Eagle Pack Indoor Multi cat formula. But during the trial and error we found another hairball formula that also worked. I can't remember what it was though. Maybe Iams I think. But I wasn't crazy about all the additives in Iams so got him on the Eagle Pack. He has a solid constitution now and I swear he lets his lion friends come over to use the litter box!

:lol:
Old 06-15-2010, 03:41 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Update on Kallie Kat:
My Finnigan had this problem (Avatar Cat). I don't know if you can get it in Argentina but try finding a cat food for hairballs. The extra fiber often helps firm up the stool. I had to try several foods to get Finnigan on track. The food that did the trick is Eagle Pack Indoor Multi cat formula. But during the trial and error we found another hairball formula that also worked. I can't remember what it was though. Maybe Iams I think. But I wasn't crazy about all the additives in Iams so got him on the Eagle Pack. He has a solid constitution now and I swear he lets his lion friends come over to use the litter box!

Thank you for the headsup and I will have my DH mention this to the Vet when he goes to pick up the special diet.
High quality cat and dog foods tend to be very expensive here. It is only the past 2 or 3 years that they started selling Purina in the local supermarkets. I use to have to go to the vet to buy it before. I have not seen that food here. The vet has Kallie on Royal Canine digestive aid cat food, which is very expensive as I said. Eight ounces (more or less) is over $20.00USD here.
God I miss America!!
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM

A very sweet story with a happy ending :) my kind of story! I have a stray cat, showed up a couple of yrs back and was so skiddish of ppl. Well after continual feeding and coaxing her closer, she is now friendly and will come in the house on bad days and to eat, but after awhile she wants to go outside and roam. I worry of her at times, but she was raise outside and seems to need to be there. I am just happy to know she is fed and can come here when the weather is horrid and find a safe haven. I named her KiKi :) That is her in my avatar here :)
Old 06-15-2010, 07:42 PM

What a sweet cat! I love to hear stories of cats and dogs being rescued. We have 5 cats...2 we directly rescued, and the other 3 we adopted from the rescue group at our local Petsmart. Now they have a happy, secure home for the rest of their lives.

Good for you and your hubby on saving this little guy.

Sue
Old 06-15-2010, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
I'm so happy for you finding a furry friend. Our Annie is a stray that someone dropped off in a parking lot. she was going from car to car looking for food. Annie was so thin when we got her. We've had her now for almost 2 years and she is just the sweetest cat and has hubby wrapped around her little paw. Annie is also a quilt inspector.
I am reading your blog in disbelief !!! I found my Annie ( as in little orphan Annie ) in the parking lot of the hotel where I worked! That was about the late 90's. She was one of 4 kittens . She was all grey and absolutely beautiful.. I feel my heart breaking as I write this. I can't even think about We have anher without tears in my eyes. We had to put her to sleep a few years ago and I will never ever forget her !! we have another shelter cat now and I love her but it will never be the same. Our current quilt inspector is named Bunny , she came to us at Easter time 4 years ago.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Update on Kallie Kat:

We use Cat Chow Indoor formula, but she has said they tried that...

Try Science Diet. You might be able to get that at the pet store.