Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How my DH and I Saved a Kitty and found a friend..... >

How my DH and I Saved a Kitty and found a friend.....

How my DH and I Saved a Kitty and found a friend.....

Old 06-13-2010, 05:26 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by nativetexan
oh that's so sweet. I'm sure he's appreciative of a good home. I took in a mamma cat and her two kittens. they were living on what ever she could catch for them. so sad. she's very happy. she and one of her kittens slept on top of me most of the day in my recliner.it's been drizzling rain all day here and a bit cold.
>
Aren't they just such great company? I love their little motors they run when they are content.
Kallie was helping me quilt my new wall hanging today and supervised while I was oiling the machine. He is just such an affectionate cat and has established a place in my heart.
Next couple of weeks I have to figure out how to make him a scratching post. He needs that.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:34 PM

Charlee: "On Christmas day last year her new owners came and picked her up...they were in love, and so was Abbi! This baby wasn't crazy about strangers, but she went right to the lady and wouldn't leave her alone! I felt good about sending her to her forever home... "

It was meant to be!! :wink: That was such a sweet story.

Pennyswings: How is the new baby today? Is he adjusting well? My little Gracie is making herself quite at home. It's just so cute to watch a little kitty explore. Everything and every sound is so new. Too cute for words. It's been so many years since I've even had a pet -- especially a cat. It's nice to have an additional to the fam.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:43 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by pab58
Charlee: "On Christmas day last year her new owners came and picked her up...they were in love, and so was Abbi! This baby wasn't crazy about strangers, but she went right to the lady and wouldn't leave her alone! I felt good about sending her to her forever home... "

It was meant to be!! :wink: That was such a sweet story.

Pennyswings: How is the new baby today? Is he adjusting well? My little Gracie is making herself quite at home. It's just so cute to watch a little kitty explore. Everything and every sound is so new. Too cute for words. It's been so many years since I've even had a pet -- especially a cat. It's nice to have an additional to the fam.
Pab thanks for asking. Kallie Kat is adjusting just fine. Today I was sewing and he wanted to be right in the middle of my quilting. Then while I was oiling the sewing machine he was right there supervising the whole process.
He is a sweet, affectionate cat. He likes to talk to me and to purr a lot. He does not seem to have learned to play but we are working on that. He is finally gaining some weight and his stools are not as loose, in fact they are almost normal. He eats like a race horse!
I think I mentioned somewhere here that we use to have a Siamese. Her name was Mesha and we were blessed with her for over 16 years before she died, My DH was just so in love with her and he had a wicker basket custom made for her to sleep in during the winter days. He even brought a sheepskin pelt to line the basket so she would be warm and comfortable. She slept in the crook of his arm when he went to bed but during the day She loved to curl up in that basket. We have not had a cat since we lost her and that was 5 years ago.
Now Kallie Kat is sleeping in the basket and he has claimed it as his own. He is growing on my husband too.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:07 PM

awww...congrats to you, and to Kallie Cat for finding his forever home
Old 06-13-2010, 07:15 PM

Dianne I am sorry about your kitty. Please accept my big hug!
(((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))
Old 06-14-2010, 05:03 AM
Lyn

Originally Posted by Elizabeth "Liz"
They can do that to you. I have rescued many and kept most.
He is so cute.
So have I. That is why I was bounced from fostering. I now do the computer for the rescue. Their stories are sad so I give them a forever home.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Lyn

Originally Posted by diannemc
I just lost my baby..Her name was Gracie..She had been losing weight and found out Thursday she had a mass in her stomach..Vet was sure it was cancer..I had to have her put to sleep Friday morning..I miss her so much..My heart is just breaking...Gracie was found when she was a baby.. and didn't think she would live through the night..she did and has brought us joy for 10 years...She will be missed so much...
I had an orange boy that was born on the docks. He was magnificent. I only had him 1 1/2 years but he was wonderful. He would sit next to the computer with me and nod his head when I'd talk to him. We had been told he had a bad heart murmur. One day I went to lunch with a friend. He always waited by the front door for me. He was there but had fallen over. A blood clot had got to the heart. I miss him so bad. Time helps but getting to that point is so hard.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:15 AM

HE IS ADORABLE!! :D
MY DAUGHTER AND I RESCUED A 7 WEEK OLD BLKACK KITTEN LAST SUNDAY THAT SOMEONE THREW OUT OF A CAR;
WE NAMED HIM THOMAS O'MALLEY
WE ALREADY LOVE HIM SO MUCH :-D
Old 06-14-2010, 05:37 AM

I love to hear these wonderful stories. Working with a rescue I love to see animals get a wonderful new home.
So sorry to everyone that has lost their kitties. We are going through that right now . We have a tuxedo cat Hobo who wandered up to the house 8 years ago.I had him neutered and his shots done. We took him to the vet last week because he has a growth on his foot and found out he is FIV positive. He is going back to the vet Thursday and we will come home without him. He has always been our outside cat by his choice not ours.But he would come home every night to get his dinner and special treat. He is not happy right now because he has to stay in the breezeway.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:03 AM

Bless you for saving his life and giving him a new one. I like to call people like you pet angels because you are. I know he'll bring you much happiness.