Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How are You Going to Spend it? >

How are You Going to Spend it?

How are You Going to Spend it?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 AM

Keep fingers crossed we don't have to pay in. Self employed here but with employees so I get a W-2, but, then there's the corporation...

Last year got about $100 back. Put it in the savings acct. There's always a rainy day happening.

I just feel blessed that I have a job and my 2 employees have good jobs. I'm not big enough for "bennies" but we have jobs to come to each day. Gotta keep walking on the sunny side of the street.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:55 AM

We will use it for vacation.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:28 PM

Besides bills of course, DH is going to Wyoming for hunting!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:30 PM

Its going for a quick trip to Florida to find a new place to live.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:36 PM

We own farmland...never get a refund! I remember the day I looked forward to this time of year....25 years ago! I work and work and taxes are taken out, but nothing returned to me! I don't even get to see the income from the farmland. My name isn't on it. All DH's! What he does with it, I don't know. Sure doesn't save it, that's for sure!!And to be fair...he only owns 1/2 of it. His sisters each have a quarter, so they get their money. But we pay taxes on our share of the income.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:38 PM

the same thing we do every year! we plan a big ( week long) vacation, and a 3 day vacation for later in the year! this year the big vacation is tent camping with the grandkids in South Dakota for 5 days! woo hoo! Then I want to drive to St. Louis & see the Arch, that'll be a long weekend trip.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by pkary
Its going for a quick trip to Florida to find a new place to live.
Check out Ocala, FL. We live in a retirement community called "On Top of the World." It's a gated community with approx 12,000 residents. We have been here since 2003 and really like it. You can find it on the Internet. You can get a visitation for 3 days if you want to stay on property and look around. Depending on what you're looking for, you can purchase a home from $300,000 (new homes) down to $50,000 (previously owned - which the sales people won't tell you about). The $50,000 ones are 3-to-5-unit villas in the area where people lease their homes on 99 year leases. All homes are concrete block, built to strong building standards. We've got 3 pools, 3 golf courses, tennis, pickleball and minigolf, plus a multitude of clubs and classes, our own travel group, lots of exercise classes, etc. There are at least 6 restaurants on or around the property, 2 supermarkets, many shops - all accessible by golf cart. Two hospitals within 15 minutes, plus many other medical facilities. We spent 3 years looking before we settled on this one and have not regretted it at all.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:43 PM

What refund? We've had to pay since our youngest got married. And it sucks! That's been over 10 years now.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:40 PM

i gotta file in 4 states. i haven't gotta hope.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:27 PM

You know...at the end of the day going to a job everyday is what matters. I'm pretty sure your two employees feel the same way. Have a good day.