Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How is your weight-loss going? >

How is your weight-loss going?

How is your weight-loss going?

Old 07-11-2011, 06:16 AM

Keep going! We have a WW thread here - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-58627-5.htm

Today is my weigh in. Hoping to see a weight loss of any kind. I'm not too worried about it since I went thrifting this last weekend - found a couple of size 10 skirts that I can wear for the first time in (mumble, mumble) years.

PS - that's why I have the crafting hobbies - it relieves stress/anxiety without resorting to food.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:27 AM

Yup - walked occasionally before. Now I'm trying to make it an after-supper routine! It's also a nice chance to get away from the phone/housework/ etc and have a chance to chit-chat with hubby while we get some exercise! :)

This week I bought a nice "Moms Only!" thermal cup. I keep refilling it and have increased my fluids by about 3 x 8oz glasses a day. Hopefully my bladder will increase in size as my jelly-roll shrinks!

QuiltE - that's fantastic! Very inspiring! I hope to be a 'Lifer' someday!
RedKimba - I'll check out that thread now!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Millstream Mom
QuiltE - that's fantastic! Very inspiring! I hope to be a 'Lifer' someday!
Thanks! .... and you will be too, just keep at it and remember, it's all about one bite at a time, one meal at a time, one day at a time and then one week ... and then you're back to your meeting to start again! Be sure to reap the benefits of attending your meetings as you will find there is so much good in attending.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:42 AM

I'm trying. I have lost 10 pounds but at a very slow rate. I am just eating less and watching what I eat. I have added walking so I hope that helps.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:47 AM

I'm doing pretty good - down 15 with 10 more to go. I basically just reduced portion size on anything but fruit and veg. And upped the sweat factor out in the yard! Lots of weed pulling, a little digging, some mowing, clipping, etc.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Congrats. Keep it up. Only time lossing is celebrated!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:31 AM

Congratulations on joining weight watchers. I have tried every diet and that is where I have done the best. I eat my extra points and still loose. Sometimes the scale is just like that. I find it usually comes off the next week. If what you had was salty it can make you hold weight. I like weight watchers because they teach you how to eat and you can make anything fit if you count it. Nothing is off limits which I like. Good job.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:35 AM

My weight loss isn't what I would like it to be but I have been using my elliptical daily. I just mowed the grass early this morning because it is really hot here. I felt like a teenaged boy. My shorts were falling down and I was holding them up half the time :-)
Old 07-13-2011, 08:52 AM

Losing weight is very hard to do in my opinion. I need to lose 20 lbs. and no matter what I do, nothing comes off. I watch what I eat, eat healthy meals, and go to the gym 2 to 3 times a week and use the treadmill, but nothing seems to make the weight go away. I feel like I need to quit eating altogether and maybe that will help!!! Of course, I take quite a few meds for various conditions, and maybe that is why.