Husband's the good ones

Old 12-11-2010, 06:39 AM

Those are such nice stories. I have a great husband too. In October we flew to NY to pick up his moms car and drive it back here. I was SURE I wasn't going to enjoy the trip, as I hate traveling by car. When my husband suggested this trip he started by saying "wouldn't it be neat to travel across country and stop in quilt shops in every state?" He knew exactly what to say!!!!! And we had a fabulous trip!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Sewlmatesister
when I needed more money (for lawyer), the Darling Farmer sold his Manure Spreader!!!
Wow. That really IS love. What a sweet story!

My husband looks after me in many ways, but my favourite is that he is a great cook (whereas I don't enjoy it at all). I am the breadwinner in our home, but he takes care of me, and I appreciate it very much. I also love seeing him with our kids- he is so sweet with them.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 AM

I have to brag on my hub.He's one of a kind....his word is his bond, the same as his Dad.He's never met a stranger & will do anything to help anyone.We've always spoiled each other & still do.
I've had a lot of illness & surgeries,have a hearing problem....but he says it's just part of who I am & he takes wonderful care of me, sick or well.
I've never pumped gas,never been without a roof over my head.He's my rock & I'm truly blessed to have had over 50 yrs with him.It's been a wonderful life with him.
Of course he can't cook, but he's great at doing dishes & cleaning.he says he can fry an egg......but just never had to. :-)
Old 12-11-2010, 07:49 AM

My DH built me a quilting frame using a Hinterberg hardware kit. Now he is building the top to hold my antique WHITE machine. I say top because it will sit on top of my table that holds my FW which I can lift out and set aside when I want to use the WHITE.
Also he has purchased a QuiltCut2 and carrying case for me for Christmas.
This is just a small list of things he has done this year!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:00 AM

It is wonderful to hear about all of the good husbands. I know each of us thinks ours is The Best. That is the way it should be.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:54 AM

I want to say thanks for all your posts... We are all blessed. I never let a day go by without a kiss and I love you!
Old 12-11-2010, 12:34 PM

While I was busy trying to frantically finish Christmas gift quilts, my DH was surprising me upstairs by putting up the tree, Nativity, and Santa collection. What a surprise when I went upstairs! That earned him another week with me... just kidding! He's a keeper.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:29 PM

I love my husband more everyday. He was an excellent Father , an excellent husband and is an excellent Grandfather. I could brag about him all day. I do tell him how much I love him and he says "Oh for poop sake!!!!" and gets all embarassed.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:45 PM

Ditto!! mine is the best at doing everything for the new woman, the "Nurse with the Purse"....the main reason of course to marry her. After 35 years of devotion to him (+ six children), he walks.
Good luck to you'all with good men who care about you, I loved reading all about the wonderful things your husbands and honey's have done for you. I wish only the best and hope you both take care of each other, you all worth loving.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:46 PM

Hate to brag, but my DH does all the landry, Sweeps all the carpets every Monday and mopes the kitchen floor. Gases and maintains both cars. (Just a few of his skills)
He also tells me if I take any more fabric upstairs the floor will collapse thru to the living room.