Husband's the good ones

Old 12-11-2010, 05:46 PM

Mine stays in the computer room or his bedroom and stays out of my way. At least most of the time. If he was out and about I try to rope him into doing a thing or two, no wonder he stays hidden. Sad but true. He did buy me flowers for my B-day the other day.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:42 PM

What a wonderful post, I am very lucky to have such a great husband, he married me and 2 young sons.He went to all the kids activites with never a complaint. He helps with cooking, dishes, Does most of the laundry. He encourages all of my activities. And gives me what ever I want and need. What a Blessing I have.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Power Poster

My DH is not smothering or hovering around me all day. He doesn't expect me to sit with him while he watches tv. He doesn't have to be with me while I shop or run errands. He cleans up his messes and does his own laundry and buys his own clothes. He does not expect me to be a maid or cook. He trusts me to make good decisions on my own and I trust him in every way. He will always be a man of his word, good spouse, good parent, and he feels the same about me. I guess the one thing I have noticed about how wonderful he is, I have never once thought oh no DH will be mad at me for.....like so many of my friends seem to really worry about their DHs getting mad about things. ? Never understood that.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:50 PM

On the 16th it will be 38 years - I dated my husband for 3 months before I asked what his last name was again. It's Polish with 13 letters and I was not about to waste time on learning that if he was not a keeper. We have each always done whatever needs doing around the house when we saw the need - and still do.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:40 PM

mine jokingly told the ups driver to stop deliveries unless it was a gun or fishing supplys, He just wonders why the ups hasen't been here for a couple of weeks, or sees pakages on someone eles steps and thinks it should have been delivered here. I am so blesses.
Blessing to every one.
Merry Christmas
Old 12-11-2010, 08:59 PM

After my first husband died of Lou Gehrig's disease several years ago, my now hubby raised my 4 children as his very own. His only concern is our happiness. I am so blessed.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:06 PM

My hubby & I were jr. high school sweethearts & got married when I was 16 & he was 17 & still in school. We raised 2 wonderful boys, we have loved & supported each other going on 37 yrs Jan. We seem to be the left hand helping the right. Whatever is needed we both try to see to it the other has it. We know what makes us 'work' & that is what we work at every day. I can't even begin to go into detail of all the great things he does for me. We tell each other every day how much we love each other & never hang up without saying I love you. He has really taken some razing about that but it has never shyed him away from telling me it. He is my sunshine during the day & my moon & stars at night. He's my world & I let him know it in every way I can.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:10 PM

Mine is my everything, he doesn't fix things well, he cook's kind of funcky,He's always late, he cleans house some, he has done laundry a few times (pink underwear as the result). But for every thing he doesn't do well there are three he does wonderful.He works hard he has fed us and put a roof over our head.Taken every oppertunity to be with kids for school projects or programs. Loaned out his beloved truck. taken neighbors to the grocery store . Just everything he dows is for someone else. and I think I can't love him any more than i do right now.He'll do something so sweet and i fall in love again.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:15 PM

I understand, Izaquilter. Mine is my better half. He does most of the cooking (from scratch - I never learned how to cook like that), he goes to the grocery store (because he knows I freeze when I go!). He honestly does everything I don't like to do. But, then, when he cooks I clean. He doesn't sew, I do. I fix his clothes. We balance each other out. That's what it's all about! :)

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
My hubby & I were jr. high school sweethearts & got married when I was 16 & he was 17 & still in school. We raised 2 wonderful boys, we have loved & supported each other going on 37 yrs Jan. We seem to be the left hand helping the right. Whatever is needed we both try to see to it the other has it. We know what makes us 'work' & that is what we work at every day. I can't even begin to go into detail of all the great things he does for me. We tell each other every day how much we love each other & never hang up without saying I love you. He has really taken some razing about that but it has never shyed him away from telling me it. He is my sunshine during the day & my moon & stars at night. He's my world & I let him know it in every way I can.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:35 PM

26 years ago we agreed that he'd go to work, while I stayed home, and that's the way we've done it ever since