I almost cried

Old 12-18-2010, 07:08 AM

Enjoy the time with your daughter and grandkids. She will cherish this memory for years to come. Merry Christmas
Old 12-18-2010, 08:17 AM

I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU THAT THIS HAS TURNED OUT SO WONDERFUL FOR YOU. I PRAY THAT I GET THE PRIVALIGE OF SEEING THE GRANDCHILDREN AGAIN THAT I HAVE NOT SEEN IN 8 YEARS. I HAVE OTHER GRANDCHILDREN, MY I LONG TO SEE THE OTHERS TOO. I LOVE THEM ALL.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 AM

You will not be stepping on toes....everyone is going to be so happy you are there with them on a special morning, especially your daughter.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:23 AM

How wonderful for you Pam! What a gift your DD is giving you this year! Christmas is sew much more special with children around.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:38 AM

I hang stockings for my grown children, and the two little grandkids, but it is seldom anything goes in them( adults) unless I give them extra money gift from me. There is a funny story behind that. When my brother died, and we finally sold my mom's house,( didn't get much from that) I gave each of my kids $1000 from her estate, all in $100 bils) . I was so excited about what I was doing, and I thought they would yell with erxcitement. Instead, they all sort of looked at each other, were very quiet, just a simple thank you to me. I was crushed!! Well, about 5 minutes later, they were all in the kitchen talking, and finally, oldest son asked me," mom, are you dying?" I about cracked up! I've never had my own money to do anything like that, everything always came from Mom and Dad, so I guess they couldn't help but think something was really wrong. LOL The next year, each of the grands got $500 from me, and my daughter in laws said, maybe it will be our turn next year! And it was, gave them $250 and told them I had to keep cutting things in half! They got a big kick out of that. Now those kids are all checking their stockings first thing. The little grands get to open theirs first thing, while we adults are snacking, it gives them something to do while they wait. I don't see the grands on Xmas morning as much as I would love too, I think it is the parents time. But while they are doing that, hubby and I are fixing breakfast for the whole gang, and about 10:30 they are all back here. Before we were grandparents, we had open house on Xmas eve, and always had a houseful of the childrens friends. But, things change when your kids get married, so you have to go with the flow. I just informed mine that Christmas eve was mine, and if they could come for breakfast/brunch, that would be great,if not, well,that was okay too. I'm such a saint!LOL Sure would love to be invited to see the little ones get Santa though!! So go, enjoy, and do what grandmas do, a little extra never hurts, and the idea to do for the adults is right on!!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:51 PM

I think you should do a goodie bag for your grandkids. They grow up so fast and this opportunity may never happen again. I'm sure your daughter would love for you to do something. Ask her. Like I said, time goes by too fast and kids grow up too fast. Enjoy the time.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Maybe I could do a little goodie bag for each.
I think this is a great idea. When I was little, sometimes the things in my stocking were of more interest than the presents under the tree!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:37 PM

I still get stocking stuffers for my DGKs. I can't afford anything big and mom and dad does that.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:29 PM

Maybe I could do a little goodie bag for each.
Absolutely. They will love it.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:53 PM

She replied to come early and stay the night, drink some eggnog with her.

A few moments later it hit me that I would then be there on Christmas morning with the three grandkids. I got tears in my eyes quite suddenly...
Wonderful!! One of family treasured moments was when we were at my parents. Our youngest (2 years old) was in our room and DMIL shared a room with our oldest, 7 at the time. After going to bed, the wind came up and DD said to her, "Grammie, do you think that is Santa on the roof"? She is now in her fifth year teaching and has her Master's Degree.
Enjoy your new memories.

piney