I am about to loose it

Old 04-27-2010, 10:54 AM

Sooooo sorry for your MIL troubles. Makes me appreciate the one I have even more. Just remember that she will get her just dessert one of these days....hehehe...Continued good luck with the job interview process!!!! Your luck will change, just keep up your good thoughts.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:08 AM

She sounds a lot like my MIL, may she rest in peace. She was very passive aggressive. My husband could see the way his mom was, but had grown up not confronting her about it. No one did, which was so frustrating. I did not grow up that way. No one got away with rude behavior, just because that was how they are. I still hate that phrase. "Well, ya know, that is just how they are"
Old 04-27-2010, 11:32 AM

OMG, your MIL was cloned from mine! They have lived in FL for the last 18 years, missing their 6 grandkids growing up here in MI, complaining the whole time that "we never hear from them". They never bothered to come up when DS graduated from high school, also missed one of the others grad, never came up for Christmas, holidays etc. Now they have decided they need to move back up here 'to be close to the kids'. I am so dreading it. Being around them is having to walk on eggshells, trying to analize everything I say into every possiblity of how it could be taken wrong and exactly the opposite of what I meant. Moving day is end of July. Oh joy. Hopefully they don't think that all of a sudden there are going to be big warm & fuzzy family gatherings.
Wendy B
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM

So sorry about your MIL. I used to have a nasty one, but divorced her son... now I'm married to a man, who disowned his own mother (trust me, it was deserved, she is not a nice woman). anyway, I say pick up needle turn applique, no machine required.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:38 AM

Wendy, maybe you could move to Fl while they move up. If they are indeed cloned, you know that no matter what you say or do, it WILL be taken in a context completely opposite. And not right there on the spot, but hours later, when you don't even remember what you said. And not said to you, but to everyone else.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I would sleep in my van before I would stay with my in-laws and my DH and kids feel the same. We would rather stay in a homeless shelter first. It would really have to be bad for us to stay with them.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Power Poster

Before I left I'd swapped the cable connections on her dvd/tv, and unplug her freezer and never say a word about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you are going thru such h#$% right now...my Father IN Law is a lot like her...not a nice person...BUT, keep reminding yourself that she did 1 nice thing for you(even though she didn't do it on purpose)---she had your HUSBAND.
Plug your expresso maker into the wall near wear you are sleeping, in the basement.
Regarding the sewing machine...do some paper piece hexagons that you will be doing by hand, it will calm you...and you can use scraps...
Old 04-27-2010, 12:17 PM

Sounds like she has alot of unresolved issues that manifest in hurtful ways. So sorry you have to go thru this with all your own stresses. I hope it gets better.

Another no-machine-needed suggestion, make yo-yo's. But really, how much time will you have after checking out all the area shops to revisit online when things go better? ;)
Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Power Poster

Heavens, i'm so happy I don't have a MIL!!! I'm one myself but not that kind!!so sorry for you. try and let things roll off your back. things will change.