I am about to loose it

Old 04-27-2010, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Born2Sew
Got one for ya, since she loves chocolate in her coffee, put exlax choc in with the coffee grounds. She'll never know what hit her.... (Just don't drink it yourself)

Chocolate will make the coffee smooth, and she won't notice a thing...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-15463.gif  
Old 04-27-2010, 06:56 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by Maride
Originally Posted by Candace
Your MIL sounds like a lovely person <sniker>. I hope things get better for you VERY soon.
She is a real piece of work. You can only like what she makes or what she has given you. She always warms up milk, makes her coffee and mixes it in the cup. I like my coffee strong, so I have my own expresso machine. She saw it, so the next morning she adds the coffee to the milk right there on the pot, so I have to have HER coffee. The next day I prepared my expresso machine at night to just brew in the morning, she took my grains out and reloaded it with HER chocolate coffee. I hate chocolate in my coffee! Little things, but it adds up and before you know you are going insane. She gave me a little closet space but keeps changing my clothes from one spot to another, and right now I have no idea where my clothes are, and if I look for it, I am snooping into her things. I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING!!!
Where is DH in all of this. And I like Born2sew's idea about the chocolate coffee. (I know thats not nice huh??)
Old 04-27-2010, 07:45 PM

DH is home in Plattsburgh, but we have been married for 23 years. He only say something when she picks on him. We have been at times totally disconnected from them for months and he always gives in and starts all over again.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:16 AM

What goes around, comes around. Someday, in some way, she will get hers. Maybe not right away, but surely it will happen someday. Meanwhile, pick up some hand sewing and start singing California here I come!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:29 AM

There are some quilting shops that I would love to get a chance to check out in NY. I am not that far from there I have not had a chance yet. I would console myself with trips like that while I was in NY. You can also plan all the quilts you want to make. As far as your MIL I do not have any good advice. Just hang in there and once you get the job.:) you do not have to have them over, or see them until absolutely necessary. Life is to short to have people like that around. My husband was so surprised the day I told him not to call his sisters anymore. He looked at me and I told him he was not allowed to call them because they just made him miserable. They never called him and it was 2 years before they had any contact. There fault, and they knew it. Family, ughhhh
Old 04-29-2010, 06:27 AM

Your MIL sounds like a lovely person <sniker>. I hope things get better for you VERY soon.
She is a real piece of work. You can only like what she makes or what she has given you. She always warms up milk, makes her coffee and mixes it in the cup. I like my coffee strong, so I have my own expresso machine. She saw it, so the next morning she adds the coffee to the milk right there on the pot, so I have to have HER coffee. The next day I prepared my expresso machine at night to just brew in the morning, she took my grains out and reloaded it with HER chocolate coffee. I hate chocolate in my coffee! Little things, but it adds up and before you know you are going insane. She gave me a little closet space but keeps changing my clothes from one spot to another, and right now I have no idea where my clothes are, and if I look for it, I am snooping into her things. I FEEL LIKE SCREAMING!!!
I am originally from Plattsburgh NY (now live in FL); my ex-mother-in-law must have been related to yours - mean and controlling. I lasted living with her on one occasion for about 5 days; we had a big disagreement and I took my two little ones and left. My husband was away at Navy school at the time. We were only staying with her while our furnace was being repaired. A few months later we moved to Florida. BTW, she would not sleep in same room as FIL and treated him as badly.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:51 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Put a zapper on your coffee maker. And get a snarling bear to put in your closet. That should stop her.
Although, I myself have never had to go to these degrees...I sure am impressed with you for taking no guff!
>...LOL...even making me have a good day thinking about the old bat getting hers! ;)
It's a 'bad memory day', for the mouse, so feeling just a bit uncharacteristically :twisted: hee hee hee!
Maride, sweetie...mousie thinks you have been super patient...maybe some of Hawks example?
Might not make things nicer, but might make your coffee taste better! :XD:
Old 04-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
me thinks she doesn't like you. :oops: :hunf:
Wrong! She doesn't like anybody! Even her mother! That is another story. Her mother kept changing her phone number to stay away from her. She was in Puerto Rico. She was 94 years old and living happily alone. At some point she got sick and ended up in the hospital. My lovely MIL went there, sold everything in her apartment, put her in a nursing home and came back to NY all happy. Her mother checked herself out of the nursing home, rented another apartment and called me. She had nothing, I sent her a few things and my sister helped her get back on her feet. She lived there for a year and never contacted her daughter again until she died. Alone, but happy.

This is a person that not even a mother can love
good gosh a mighty! who could do such a thing?
Reserve a front row chair for when her turn comes...it's going to be a doozie...funny, I am not usually into get-backs, but that takes the cake...and mousie likes her cake ;)
Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lfw045
It is hard when you don't have many choices. Just remember to try to treat her like you would want to be treated and remember that being nice to someone who is being bad to you is like heaping hot coals of fire upon their heads. That knowledge alone has helped me be nice when I didn't want to be......lol.
:oops: um, thanks for reminding me! I guess I needed a reality check. Was feeling kind of, 'off', there for a minute.
Your right...be YOU, and know that she will be old before you.
You won't have to do anything to her...she has sown her seeds, and others will. Don't gloat, just run!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Before I left I'd swapped the cable connections on her dvd/tv, and unplug her freezer and never say a word about it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This reminds me of the lady whose husband divorced her for a younger woman. He demanded to get the house, which his ex surprisingly gave in to. So the night before she moved out, she had shrimp. And after supper, she stuffed the shrimp tails inside the curtain rods. You can imagine the smell. Her ex and his wife searched all over the house, had professional cleaners come, but never thought of checking the curtain rods. The smell got so bad they couldn't take it anymore. They finally decided to sell the house back to his ex wife - for less than half of what it was worth. The best part is that they took everything in the house, including the curtain rods! LOL