Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I am so confused by my new roses..

Blog Entries
    I have never seen this before, but I think it is cool.
    Mother yourself just as you would your own children, you will be surprised how much better you feel...Debbie Marie

I wanted to put my input, though I will need your eyes to do so. If the pink flower is on a separate stem from the second 2 photos, I think this would need to be cut back to the ground to keep the entire rose from reverting back to its original stock growth (or sucker growth). Those flowers are weaker, smaller, and not as fragrant. Now if the pictures are all from that one flower . . . ok, then you have me stumped!! Gorgeous. But do check to see if the pink one is on a separate branch. Enjoy!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    I agree, was just about to post that my guess is it's a Joseph's Coat Climbing Rose. I think you will be happy with it over the years!!
    Thank you both for finding out the name of my new rose. Any idea about the name of the pink one?
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by melindac View Post
    I wanted to put my input, though I will need your eyes to do so. If the pink flower is on a separate stem from the second 2 photos, I think this would need to be cut back to the ground to keep the entire rose from reverting back to its original stock growth (or sucker growth). Those flowers are weaker, smaller, and not as fragrant. Now if the pictures are all from that one flower . . . ok, then you have me stumped!! Gorgeous. But do check to see if the pink one is on a separate branch. Enjoy!!
    The pink rose is on a separate bush in a plantar on the opposite side of the trellis. They will both be trained to grow over the arch.
    If you always do, what you have always done, The results never change. Change is the wings you give yourself.

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Beautiful !!!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    By chance did you plant JP Rose's ?

Blog Entries
    I had one like that called Josephs coat. very nice
    ​We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone.

Just beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donna13350 View Post
    I've grown roses for decades...and it does look like Joseph's Coat, to me...it is known for changing colors from bud to bloom. Heat, cold, humidity, and other factors can also affect how it changes, and if at all it changes. If it turns out to be a bush rose and not a climber, then it's probably Double Delight...it looks a lot more like the latter to me.
    As a new rose grower, the first thing you should do is get on a rose forum..there are many good ones and you can learn a lot from them.
    The second(and too late) bit of advice is that roses in the plastic bags at the box stores (we call them "body bags" for good reason LOL) are notorious for being mismarked and diseased...better to go with a reputable company and get a good rose to start with. I only mention this because you didn't say where you got them, and if indeed you did purchase a body bag, chances are good that it will not make it through it's first winter, or if it does, it will die of rose virus in the next year or so...and you will be looking for replacements.
    i bought them them at a local garden store with a gallon bucket of soil. Guaranteed to grow, or free replacement.

WOW! What an incredible piece of luck to get a rose that does that! Enjoy it for me. froggyintexas

How awesome. I want one.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

I think you will find that it is a Rose called Masquerade http://www.vanmeuwen.com/flowers/flo...uerade/60918VM I have planted a few over the years because of the lovely colourings, enjoy.

Blog Entries
    I have ones like this. Its amazing to see different color flowers from the same bush. Right now mine are light pink but they will also get the darker pink and the yellow and pink ones. I love them all, no matter what color they come out. It could depend on the soil too. Hydrangous and azalea bushes vary in color depending on the alkaline in the soil. You can use additives and it'll change the color being produced. When I first bought my house the azalea's bushes were close to my house which the base was cinder blocks, then I moved them away from the house and they were a different color.
    Judy

my mother had one like that called double delight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2