Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I am such a love of older films... >

I am such a love of older films...

I am such a love of older films...

Old 01-24-2011, 09:36 PM

One of the best I ever saw was called "The Man Who Never Was". It is a WWI flick and worth searching for.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:03 PM

My mother's was the Magnificent Seven.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:54 AM

OMG, I'd forgotten about Lost Horizon. Totally love that movie, but Ronald Coleman was so cool. Maureen O'Hara, would watch anything with her in it.

There was an old J.Arthur Rank Films picture called The Littlest Kidnappers, not the remake with Charleton Heston, that is the most beautiful film I've ever seen. It is about two youngsters, who live with their cranky Scot's grandfather, and find an abandoned baby. They care for the baby in the barn. My brother and I have loved this film since we saw it in the early fifties. If anyone knows where we might get a copy please let me know. And if you ever see it listed by all means watch it. You'll cry, you'll laugh, and you'll cheer.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:28 PM

I love all the John Wayne movies....and all the Shirley Temple movies. I have many of them on tape or dvd. I like being able to watch what I like when I want to see it. There are too many days with just stupid things on.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
kbs

I like 'The Thin Man' movies.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 PM

I love, love, love White Christmas!!!! I was also a Danny Kaye lover. You want one that you can laugh at? The Danny Kaye movie: "The Court Jester". It's a goodie! I, too, love all the older ones. Loved "The Quiet Man" and pretty much, all the other John Wayne/Maureen OHara movies. Those were the best movies--all those old timey ones, clean, fun.... When I was a kid, I almost got to watch: "The Birds". Mom caught me watching it and pulled the plug about 1/2 way thru. Had nightmares for a week. Also: "North By Northwest". Alfred Hitchcock could scare the socks off of you without all the blood and guts that so many go for now. But do try: "The Court Jester". Great movie!!!
Originally Posted by mollymct
Originally Posted by Cybrarian
Best black & white for me is "To Kill a Mockingbird" "Sound of Music" love it! Watch White Christmas every year 3 or 4 times my sister & I call and sing "Sisters" to each other.
I watch White Christmas and Holiday Inn every year at Christmas! Love them.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 01-27-2011, 08:28 AM

I still watch the oldies over and over. I have AMC,TCM,FMC all the old classics at one time or the other.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

Yes, Redkimba, that was it. I need to see the whole movie, I only saw a tiny piece! Thanks!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:47 AM

Just got an Alfred Hitchcock multi disk set, half of them are silent, its fun to watch their facial expressions, it has Maureen OHara's first film on it, she is so pretty and she acted just like she always did in the John Wayne movies, strong and hardheaded. I have a set of Cary Grant, and a set of 50 b/w mysteries, Unsinkable Molley Brown, Gypsy and Little Women and others. Love them, watch them over and over.