Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I dreamed of my mother last night. >

I dreamed of my mother last night.

I dreamed of my mother last night.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:14 AM

Your dream was a special gift. I have dreamed of my husband but never see his face. I have longed to see him in my dreams but seldom do.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:20 AM

Thank you for your story - I believe there are angels among us. My mother died with I was 2 1/2 years old, so I have absolutely no memory of her other than what my sibs have talked about. It will be 50 years on July 11th and I still miss her - you have truly received a gift from heaven, cherish it always!
Old 07-02-2010, 07:57 AM

I"ve talked to my 3 years gone husband several times.
As a nurseryman, he scolded me for not having the over
grown plants around the house pruned. We were together
39 1/2 years..and shortly after he died he woke me in bed
and told me he had to go but wanted to tell me he was
really glad to go. 3 years in a nursing home..with no mind
left after a stroke. I finally let him go.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:59 AM

My Mom died 3 years ago with alzheimers. My last dream of her just a week or so ago, she was smiling so big, a real smile, not the vague, empty smile from just before she died. When I woke up I felt so good, I kept seeing Mom and her beautiful smile.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:59 AM

yes i have had it happen to me but with other things..i would say u were blessed with a vision...ur mom probally sees how bad it has felt to u for not really being there to be with her on her last days so God blessed u with this vision to ease ur heart and let u know just how much u r loved and missed too...
Old 07-02-2010, 10:39 AM

My mother died in 1997, when I was 43. We lived in different states, but she was diagnosed with lymphoma two years before she died, and so I visited her as often as I could in the last two years of her life. She and my dad had a good marriage, but he was pretty selfish. She was a special woman to put up with him and love him for their 52-year-marriage.

When she died, my father remarried less than two months later. He was faithful to my mother, but met up with an old flame (from before he married my mother) and one thing led to another and they married very quickly. (At their age, you don't have a lot of time to think about these things. It didn't bother me.)

Shortly after he remarried, I was taking a nap and I had a dream of my mother. She was wearing a dress she had worn when in her 40's. I would have been about 10. She was young and healthy. In the dream, she lived on the same block with my father and his new wife. They hadn't divorced, and the dream wasn't clear on why she was living in a different house. But I asked her how she felt about my father remarrying. She said she had no ill will, and that she was happy now. She said she was doing for herself for the first time in decades, and that she was okay.

The dream was so vivid that when I woke up, I reached for the phone to call her, forgetting for a few seconds that she had passed on. I never dreamed about her again after that, but I felt at peace, as if she had spoken to me from the great beyond. I'm not a religious person, but I do believe that the dead communicate with us in these ways.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Power Poster

I haven't had any dreams after my mom passed. But the night she passed, my sister and I were out on her deck talking, at dusk. I looked up to the full moon and there was a perfect heart shaped cloud. I pointed it out to my sis who saw it too and we held each other a moment looking. I watched it fade while she went into the house to get the rest of the family. It was like she was saying one more time how she loved us. What a treasured memory.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for sharing your "vivid dream". My mom has been gone for 7 years and I still ache to pick up the phone and share thoughts, quilts and hugs with her. When I do dream of mom, it fills me with peace and warmth.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:05 PM

my mother has been dead for some time and I miss her at times but when things really bother me I will say prayers and talk to her and ask for her help and it seems as she helps me with it.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:45 PM

I firmly believe that it was your mother visting you. Feel comfort in the fact that she is near. Two yrs ago, I lost a very close friend. Well he was more than a friend, I was totally in love with him. There have been several nights since that he was in my dreams.He always gives me a tight hug, the way he did in life, touches my face and kisses me. When I awake, I can still feel the kiss. IT makes me miss him more but at the same time I know he is near and watching over me. I believe that it is a gift that has been given us, to cont to be close to our loved ones.