Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I have a challenge for everyone, not quilting.... >

I have a challenge for everyone, not quilting....

I have a challenge for everyone, not quilting....

Old 11-09-2011, 03:02 PM

That was a sweet gesture. I regularly pay for meals for military, firefighters and police officers when we are in the same restaurants.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Power Poster

What a wonderful cheerful post. Nice to hear of people doing good.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:39 PM

Up North, I would of LOVED to have been a fly on the wall when that boy brought home that chick! hehehe
Mad Mimm I cannot wait to read more of your good deeds! Reading everyone's beautiful responses motivates me to do more also! Thank you so much everyone who has replied!! It amazes me still how the tiniest smallest deed (at least to us) makes such a huge difference in someone else's world.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting View Post
Up North, I would of LOVED to have been a fly on the wall when that boy brought home that chick! hehehe
Mad Mimm I cannot wait to read more of your good deeds! Reading everyone's beautiful responses motivates me to do more also! Thank you so much everyone who has replied!! It amazes me still how the tiniest smallest deed (at least to us) makes such a huge difference in someone else's world.
Me too I was so surprised to hear his brother say that as I did not know they were selling chicks next door!!! I thougt it was a little one I saw on the shelf and because I collect chicken things I was impressed. OOPS guess this time I was wrong, LOL
Old 11-09-2011, 05:50 PM

I had taken my mom to BJ's the other day, and we each had cart. She had asked me a question about some product and I was busy talking to her about it when I heard from behind me, "Excuse me, could I get something off the shelf?" I VERY seriously said No, turned around and looked at the astounded face of a woman. She looked in my laughing eyes and cracked up! Of course, I was kidding her, but she said she wasn't sure until she looked at my eyes. She then proceeded to tell me that a close relative of hers had died 3 days prior and she was in charge of doing all the food for the service. She hadn't laughed in a week until that moment. I still don't know who felt better, she or I.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:01 PM

First I want to say thank you for starting this thread; a few 'stories' have my eyes filling up.

2nd strangely I was thinking earlier today about the day I had a flat tire and no stroller in my car. (30 plus years ago), carrying my toddler and expecting number 2 son in a few months, I saw a lady getting into her car and asked her for a ride. She did look surprised and very cautious, but did give us a ride.

Just recently I was selling at a craft fair and a customer was asking the price of a book (I was selling with a pillow case) she wanted to buy only the book for a charity she is teaching non english speaking children. I gave her the book at no cost.
One day I pulled over and got out of my car when I saw an elderly man fall in the cross walk. He refused help and was not hurt.
I do let folks go in front of me when they only have a few items and my carriage is full.
What I really like to do is stop and let a car go in front of me, espically when I am being tailgated.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:51 PM

I stopped and changed a tire for an elderly lady one day. Two days later I found that she brought me flowers. I have no idea how she found out who I was or where I lived.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:05 PM

We were on a vacation and stuck in a small town in Utah with a car problem. We went to a chain steak buffet place that
was near our motel and as we were waiting for our meat to be grilled, a blind man came in to order and was being told
what there was to order and the cost and you could tell he was short on cash so my husband told the waitress to tell him
to order whatever he wanted because his meal was paid for. It always makes one feel good to help someone out.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:06 PM

I had a PIF returned recently - it was great!!

While in Jamaica I had found a camera. I brought it to the hotel front desk to turn it in to LAF. While the clerk was logging it all in I scrolled through the pictures thinking I might recognize the person and let them know I had turned their camera in. Saw several pic's of the same two people, apparently at their wedding just prior to arrival.

On our way back to our room I actually spotted the couple coming out of the gym!! I recognized him instantly and I asked them if they were recently married - yes - and if they had lost a camera - yes!! I told them I turned it in to the front desk. I noticed that she was holding a white plastic shopping bag bearing the name of the hotel.

Flash forward to the night before I'm checking out and packing (several days after the camera find). We had purchased two mirrors at the gift shop and could not find them. I called the front desk and as it was late the maids had all gone home but he promised he would ask her when she came in in the morning (I was sure the bag had been in the room). We searched more and even called our friends at the hotel. I then thought ... perhaps it hadn't been in the room and called the front desk again to ask if it had been turned in. He looked, and sure enough it was!! Hubby and I went right up to the front desk and he pulled out the LAF log for me to sign.

Imagine my surprise when I looked at the log and noted that my item was logged 2 minutes after the camera that I had found earlier!! I asked the clerk about it and he laughed and said the couple that came for the camera had turned it in!!

I know PIF's work, but I've never seen one work this fast!!

Another PIF moment was a cold rainy night on the Interstate and I ran out of gas, and wouldn't you know it I didn't have my cell phone. A nice older couple picked me up, took me to their house to pick up his gas can, he then bought gas, drove me back to my car and filled my tank. He wouldn't take a single dollar AND HE BOUGHT THE GAS, just told me to do the same some day!! The next day was bright, sunny and warm so hubby and I took fruit basket over to their house, they were not home so I left it with a thank you note. Two nights later in almost the same place I saw a woman standing by the side of her car with lights flashing. I stopped and drove her to the nearest gas station where she called a tow truck (her car had over-heated, suspected water pump). Wish I could have helped her more, but I was glad to do the little I could.

Love the stories - keep them coming!!

Last edited by DogHouseMom; 11-09-2011 at 08:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 PM

i like this thread. Doing a random kindness makes both the giver and the receiver have a good day. Spread the joy.