Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I was making progress until.............. >

I was making progress until..............

I was making progress until..............

Old 03-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Power Poster

Glad it is getting better and hopefully a fix is possible :thumbup:
Old 03-12-2010, 12:03 AM

Here hoping for the best and no further problems.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:05 PM
Power Poster

I'm glad things are doing better. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:06 AM

living in St Augustine ,Florida,located right on the ocean, we're in a flood zone, learned my lesson back in '04 from Hurricane Frances,almost everything I have in crafts and my valued pictures are kept in tight plastic tubs, they say El Nineo is our enemy again this year.,Hurricane season starts June 1,pictures will come back down off the walls til the end of Oct.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:39 PM

I am an hour and a bit north of you....Crookston...so far, nothing major here. Lots of fields looking like mini lakes, the by-pass overflow for the river in town is full and flowing hard. Now that the rain of the past week seems to be done, hopefully we will get some drainage happening before we get too much more melt. DH checked our sump this morning...still dry so far. I hope you don't get the flooding you had last year. Keep us updated. Hugs.

Patti
Old 03-15-2010, 06:13 AM

beachlady................or if the sump pump is used so much that it dies. Yep, right when you need it the most. Been there done that!
Old 03-15-2010, 06:17 AM

Glad it did not to bad for you, and I hope it stays that way:)
Old 03-15-2010, 08:16 AM

Fritzy....How did you fare over the weekend? The river here rose 15 feet over the w/end, but mostly roads are still ok. Our south route to Grand Forks was cut off last night. When we left for church in the morning, Burnham creek was up to within 18" of the underside of the road-bridge. By the time we were coming home, it was only about 4-5" below. This morning, that road is closed, so we will now have to go east to Crookston to go west to Grand Forks on HWY 2. We live about 3 1/2 miles west of Crookston.

Patti
Old 03-15-2010, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pzazz
Fritzy....How did you fare over the weekend? The river here rose 15 feet over the w/end, but mostly roads are still ok. Our south route to Grand Forks was cut off last night. When we left for church in the morning, Burnham creek was up to within 18" of the underside of the road-bridge. By the time we were coming home, it was only about 4-5" below. This morning, that road is closed, so we will now have to go east to Crookston to go west to Grand Forks on HWY 2. We live about 3 1/2 miles west of Crookston.

Patti
We're still doing okay. The river is rising fast & they have everything in high gear right now. They're still saying between 38' & 39' but there's a lot of water south of town & it's suppose to get around 53 on Wed. We're across the street from a golf course & we're one of the lowest on our block & they aren't going to sandbag the golf course unless they absolutely have to & if the dike breaks down the street we may be toast! Everyone is hoping for the best. I hope you don't get flooded but with all the water coming it may happen. Thanks for checking & I'll keep you
posted.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

We live on one of the highest points in Missouri and don't have to worry about being flooded ever. Sorry you don't live on higher ground. Good luck.