I need some advice

Old 06-27-2011, 07:12 AM

Don't worry. Tell her to wear what she wants. When he sees your daughter walking down the isle it won't matter what she is wearing. He will see her through the eyes of love.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:27 AM

She could take him into a bridal shop and let him lift one of those heavy gowns. That might help him change his mind about all the stuff he thinks he likes.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:50 AM

You could always ask the groom to pay for the type of dress that he wants since you already bought one, then she could wear "his" dress in the cermony and change into hers for the reception. I would bet he would think she was glowing more in hers and she would be way more comfortable. The dress she chose is lovely but if SHE wants a little more bling then add some to the waist and have some bling dangle from the shoulders and continue on in the back to teir there. I do like the "hidden surprise" idea. You could also give him his ton of bling on her night time attire.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 AM

hes marrying her, not a dress! If all he sees is a dress she better think twice here. The dress is stunning just as it is. If he wants sparkles maybe a real jewelled headpiece and some sparkle in the veil.
MAyebyou should suggest he buy her some diamonds as a "simple" sparkle around her neck or for her ears - sharet
Old 06-27-2011, 10:41 AM

Thank you ladies for all the advice! I love some of the comments and believe me he will have to put up with a lot of ribbing when this is over! I beaded a strip of lace and added a narrow purple ribbon through the center on the waistband. Katie loves it! I am making her headpiece from the same ribbon, a 3 ribbon headband of sorts with a ribbon rose clasp at the back.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
Remind the guy that it's the BRIDE'S day, the groom's night....
;)

It's a beautiful dress...she's going to be gorgeous!

You might also want to remind her that she doesn't want to lose her independance....EVER! It's totally possible to please her man without giving into his every whim...especially when it concerns the way she dresses or wears her hair...
also "Will he wear a beaded suit to match, Porter Wagoner style?"
perfect answers!
Old 06-27-2011, 11:04 AM

He will never even notice the dress on wedding day. 3 of my sons are married and I'll bet none of them can tell you what the bridal gown looked like, other than white. Each of them just stared at his bride walking down the aisle with the biggest smiles on their faces that I have ever seen. Geesh, I'm getting misty-eyed remembering. :)
Old 06-27-2011, 11:59 AM

If she want some sparkle, the waist band is a good spot for it. It can add a little bit of what he wants and still be the dress she likes.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:23 PM

He will probably not even remember what he said, and if he does, he will be embarassed. We all have those stick your foot in your mouth moments.
She will be absolutely beautiful in that dress.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM

I'll bet your DD fell in love with this dress at first sight .That dress is beautiful the way it is Glittery stuff would ruin its design If the glittery stuff is a deal breaker put some on the edge of the veil or his tux as suggested earlier