I Rest My Case

Old 01-26-2012, 08:34 AM

OMG! I almost spit a mouthful of tea all over my monitor!!! That said my approach is I try to eat as natural as possible. I bake my own bread, do a lot of canning and avoid artificial anything.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:08 AM

I would love to be the lady on the right, but am the vegetarian on the left. Laughing, laughing.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:09 AM

Well I suppose I could eat an organic, vegetarian diet high in fiber, and take supplements and go on cleansing diets and do colonic irrigations, and maybe I'd live longer, but what would be the point? I'd be pretty miserable!

Let's not rule out genetics. My MIL is 73 and looks and acts 20 years younger. She has a full head of curly hair and only 3 hairs growing on her legs - she shaves once a year. She skated through menopause with barely a hot flash and takes NO medication or supplements for ANYTHING. I'm carefully watching my SIL, her daughter. She's almost 50 and has the same good genetics - not a sign of cellulite anywhere.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:35 AM

Laughing ....
Old 01-26-2012, 10:45 AM

Smile i rest my case

my daughter is almost 50, beautiful skin and not a wrinkle and no grey hair. she's thin, not from me or dieting. she's not airbrushed.
i'm almost 70, great skin no wrinkles yet, good skin, way overweight.

we both eat the same way. the difference? i say genes. she has a slim daddy from from a slim family. i have a chubby family all around.

we both inherited my father's family's great mediterranean, olive skin and my mom's great skin.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM
KLO

Yes, genetics does play a big role in how we look when we get older and so does how much sun we get, stress, health care, etc,. etc. (Personally I think a balanced diet is more important that not eating certain things.) And of course there is the whole makeup and lighting and clothes and posing for the camera thing. There have been a few photos circulated of other celebrities without makeup and you would hardly recognize them. Still ...... this was a funny post!!!!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:34 PM

Bet Nigellea believes in silicone, too, and not just for cookware. But I'd tell Gillian where she can put those colonics--Ooops! She already knows.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChaiQuilter View Post
Airbrushed or botoxed - she still represents (like all the other celebs) an unrealistic ideal for a woman of 51.
I have to strongly disagree with this. I am 54 and most of my friends are about the same age. All of us cold pass for 10 to 15 years younger. We haven't had cosmetic surgery, no botox, nothing outside just watching our diets, moderate exercise and taking good, general care of our faces and our bodies. Today 50 isn't what it used to be. We're more youthful, more energetic and active and I think most of us take much better care of ourselves than older generations did. Sure there are folks who age differently and will look their age or older, but it's not rare at all to see every day women looking more youthful than their ages through nothing more than a good lifestyle.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 PM

I'm 61 and have always been told I look much younger. I inherited my mother's skin and my sister who is 4 years younger and abused her skin in the sun for years looks way older than I do! Many people compliment me on my makeup and I'm not even wearing any! Gotta love that!! And my boobies look just like Nigellea's but they just are positioned lower!!! HeHe

Now if my body would just move better (Fibro), I would be ready to go dancing all night!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:49 PM

Colonic and irrigation should NEVER be used in connection with one another. How horrible!!! I'm getting close to 60 and don't look like either of them. I'm thankful that I don't look like Gillian but I don't think I could handle a body or looks of Nigellea either. It would just be too tempting to be tempted. lol