Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I saw this lady yesterday with a georgious summer dress on... >

I saw this lady yesterday with a georgious summer dress on...

I saw this lady yesterday with a georgious summer dress on...

Old 06-08-2011, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
And I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I know you all know what I was thinking. The print and color would have been perfect in a quilt and I have the just right fabric's to go with it. NO I didn't ask her for it. I just told her that her dress was beautiful and that the pattern was awesome but I almost said it would be great in a quilt. My DD nudged me before i blurted it out. LOL!! I'm losing the will power that keeps me from stopping people and complimenting their clothing. OH NO! What am I gonna do? I think I need some serious intervention!!! :-)
LOL I was at a stop sign and 2 woman were crossing in front of me and I did not realize but I must have been staring cause the older woman was giving me a dirty look ! I rolled down the window and complemted her and she smiled and thanked me ! whew !! quilts quilts quilts are just everywhere !!! LOL
Old 06-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Power Poster

Oh how funny! We all have tunnel vision, I'm convinced!!
But just think of how much that compliment meant to her. You just may have made her day! :)
Old 06-08-2011, 11:04 AM

You're not going to do anything. As a former Mary Kay consultant - there is abolutely nothing wrong with a person to stop and give another person a compliment. I often stop and compliment people on neat things. Be it clothing, hair, shoes - whatever. It makes them smille and that, of course, is a beautiful thing.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

For one of my public speaking assignments, I took a pair of scissors and advanced on my unsuspecting classmates saying: "Be afraid, be very afraid of the crazy woman attacking you with sheers. Be afraid that she will want to cut up some of your clothing for a patchwork quilt." You should have seen the looks on their faces.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:30 AM

I wasn't able to compliment the person I saw because he was in a movie. He was wearing a green/white shirt which would go perfect with other fabric I have :D :D