Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
And I Say...OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!! >

And I Say...OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

And I Say...OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 AM

My dogs do better than that. They are terriers by the way.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:29 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
My dogs do better than that. They are terriers by the way.
Yes, my Dougal Dog (Jack Russell x) is a MUCH better mouser than Fat Boy Barney Cat! He gets moles too! (the kind that burrow not the brown patches on skin! :lol: )

K x
Old 05-11-2009, 04:32 AM

I used to try to catch the mice and free them. My daughter has been know to just grab them and toss them out. The cat gets a little bit of things and the dog likes to run around with it like he caught it. they are funny. Get some old fashion traps...cheap and they work, no suffering :D
Old 05-11-2009, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Shemjo
My mother cat, Liza, brought a dead mouse into my bedroom this morning while I was reading in bed, and showed it off by playing soccer with it! She tossed it into the air and pounced it around for quite a bit. When she walked away, I picked it up and flushed it! I THINK it was dead when she brought it up to my bedroom, but she was definitely showing off! It was definitely dead when I flushed it! :lol: :lol:

How did you get the smiley face to hide under the chair? I LOVE it! :lol:
she showed it a mouse! lol...this is a funnny thread...PATTI, your kitties may have made a deal with them mouses...meeces, lol...sorry, bout your dilemma, but so funny the way thread is going. Do like my big, bad hubby, and get the pistol, lol!!! :lol:
Old 05-11-2009, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
and for their punishment..............make them eat DOG food....that will teach them...........
Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of my cats eats dog food regularly and shortly thereafter he oozes the most horrible maloderous gas. Dogfood farts are HORRIBLE - I mean raise the rafters and make your hair fall out foul.

I think the idea is that those kitties are just content and don't know that THEY HAVE A JOB. That's what traps are for, right?
well, not to play devil's advocate, BUT...theirs always a but in every problem, right???lol,...I have read that cats really don't like the taste of mice...course doesn't excuse them for not playing with them. Maybe your kitties are lazy, have too many toys, and can't be bothered with a squash seed eating, bugger. ...not my job, yawn.... :roll:
Old 05-11-2009, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Thanks for the laugh Patti! But I do hope you catch the little beast - dirty things!

K x
well, I do commiserate, bc, next thing, it won't be squash seeds, it will be your stash, and they have a real nasty way, of just eating holes in middle of perfectly good fabric...now that would make me take a broom, a gun, a shovel...anything I could get my hands on...and probably destroy house in process...I was looking in closet last night, for some curtains I bought for living room when it got painted,...it just got painted, last week...I don't know how i dragged my tired, sorry butt around, for that, but it got done. Now thing is, I found droppings, in the basket, that this mailer bag of curtains were in...thank God, i never took them out of packaging...would have been H to pay, for holes in new curtains...think it wasn't mice, but....cringe...those big ugly r**ches! never seen them in
'cave' before, but have seen a few little one, and positively never eat in there. VARMINTS...I UNDERSTAND YOUR RAGE...yes, it does make you feel like everything is contaminated and needs a scrubdown. Kitties, you are in the army now...atten-hut, listen up men...!!!!!!!!! :wink:
Old 05-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JoanneS
It could have been worse - we saw one of my DD's cats with a chipmunk yesterday afternoon. She didn't bring it into the house - but she made sure we were all watching her after OUR dinner when she ralphed in the living room. YUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!
oh fun!...now, everybody got a full tummy...LOL, WATCH THIS...YAAAAAAAACK!!!! now draw straws, as to who gets to clean up...not me....(runs to take nap)...(heeheehee...humans!) :D
Old 05-11-2009, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Wow! Do they follow those rules most of the time? My boy Nemo, responds with "What! What do you want from me now?" And then at 4 AM he says "Okay! Let's go! I can do whatever you want! Right now! EEEEEEhaaaa! Time to play!"
LOL thats what my two do too! I get a fuzzy ginger face at 4am right in front of mine, purring and chirruping. Or a black face dropping his favourite toy on my head as I sleep.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:47 AM

All cats really are autistic! Either we learn to do things their way or.....
Old 05-14-2009, 12:38 AM

Like I say......Dogs have people, Cats have staff! :)