Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
And I Say...OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!! >

And I Say...OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

And I Say...OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:19 PM

Sometimes when I get up in the morning I can catch one of mine sound asleep on the counter! :oops:
Old 06-23-2009, 11:45 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Originally Posted by JoanneS
Yeah, RIGHT! Like they don't jump up on the counter as soon as you're out of their sight :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Yup. They do. And then deny it.
Love the new avatar! That's so cute! Don't they grow fast? :D
Old 06-24-2009, 04:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
Pat, I just thought of something: Do you let your kitties sit on your kitchen counter? I'll bet not. And I'll bet you witch out on them when you catch them up there! So, they KNEW that they couldn't get up there to get them mousies! Poor babies, it must have just tortured them to sit and watch! hahahahahahahah
Of course...and you know that all the others are correct...I find the incriminating cat hair on the counter and the stove. :twisted: I still think that the one sits in the sink telling the mouse to only play in that one corner of the counter top :? I keep hoping that it will just go back outside...but with the temp being 100 degrees....I don't blame it for staying in :roll:
Old 06-24-2009, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by Mplsgirl
Originally Posted by JoanneS
Yeah, RIGHT! Like they don't jump up on the counter as soon as you're out of their sight :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Yup. They do. And then deny it.
Love the new avatar! That's so cute! Don't they grow fast? :D
Thank you!!! Yes, they do!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Banned

I don't know. I only have one that jumps on the counter, and he knocks something off right away, so I have time to grab him usually. My cats know that I'm a mean momma and will beat their butts if I catch them doing something they shouldn't. Yes, I spank. Pets and kids if they need it. Except for the one, they are amazingly good for cats! I don't find cat hair on the counters or stove. They are SCAAARED of momma! (but not very)
Old 06-24-2009, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
I don't know. I only have one that jumps on the counter, and he knocks something off right away, so I have time to grab him usually. My cats know that I'm a mean momma and will beat their butts if I catch them doing something they shouldn't. Yes, I spank. Pets and kids if they need it. Except for the one, they are amazingly good for cats! I don't find cat hair on the counters or stove. They are SCAAARED of momma! (but not very)
Shame on you for beating a poor little kitty!!! The last time I "spanked" mine, he turned around and looked at me like I had just broken his heart. So the grandkids still get smacked but the cat doesn't. Does he have me just where he wants me or what???

He loves to get on the living room table. Hubby just yells and the cat sits there and looks at him until hubby throws something and then the cat calmly jumps down. (They are so funny -- I have to leave the room to keep from laughing out loud!) :lol: :lol:

Old 06-24-2009, 12:57 PM

Well... maybe we need a special heading "Furry Friends" here! I too was about ready to skin one of my Kitty Friends the other night! I have four cats one is outside as she is a feral cat and I can't get close to her, I captured her about four years ago to have her fixed and I feed her every day she is really pretty. I talk to her as she hides in the junipers! We have three house cats... What was I doing when I felt this would be fun? We are both retired and my husband loves cats! Two just turned one year old, the other night one that is called Ms. Paws jumped from my bed to the top of a wall that divides the dressing area from the bedroom. I could not believe my eyes! So I've placed decorative boxes on top of the divider. It seems to have worked??? Our bedroom set in one of those bridge sets with the closets on either side and a bridge going across to the other side... She jumped up there first so I looked for some pretty things to kind of discourage her from jumping up there. I never thought in my wildest dreams she would jump to the top of that wall! Instead of de clawing... (I don't like the idea of that) I was toying with the ides of dis-jointing her to make her shorter? Ha Ha.. Just kidding I love my Furry friends!
Old 06-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Power Poster

Okay..........Let's see what goes on in my house when my eyes are closed for 8 hours (I wish)

How many times have I awakened to see the table runner from the coffee table on the floor in a lump?

A few days ago I got up to give them their breakfast and the tablecloth from the kitchen table was on the floor, not to mention the Lazy Susan, salt and pepper, napkin holder, napkins.........

We WILL walk on your sewing table! We WILL walk on your computer table! In fact we WILL walk on you. This is my cats' philosophy. I love every one of them, and then put them all outside. :-o
Old 06-24-2009, 02:25 PM

My Yeti cat, she of the 6 toes on her front feet, knows she is the Queen of the house. She walks on whatever, sits wherever, and when I tell her to move, she meows back in my face and swats at me! She talks back, and hits me! Of all things! She is the only one of my cats that is declawed. The big dog Tundra, knows she has no claws, so he nudges her, she meows, he pushes, and they are friends. He will chase a cat that runs, so all of them know not to run!
I have to feed the cats up high, one on my ironing board covered with newspaper and another on a protected back of a recliner! Tundra will give the cats enough time to eat and when they leave, he stands up and takes their dishes down to the floor where he finishes off their canned food! I had not seen him do it until a couple days ago, but had seen the dishes on the floor. He is very gentle with the dishes! He doesn't do it right in front of me, but I have walked into the room and caught him in the act. He didn't stop! :?