Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I should be happy but...... >

I should be happy but......

I should be happy but......

Old 06-10-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by youme
kwhite, Since I thought I saw a pic of the little girls on your thread one time so that I thought your kids should be little and I got ....... in TDL!! LOL, Hope you would like it though...LOL Could be a BIIG surprise anyways.

Panda
Panda I am still a little girl at heart. I am sure I will love it. Anyway we are having her party this Saturday and I have to get her a pink Princess cake and a Princess cup to drink her rum and coke from. We are two weird peas in a pod.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:29 AM

Oh, your daughter is just beautiful! She looks just like you!
And it is a really good sign that she is celebrating with you tonight, not just with her friends. I have a feeling you two will be very good friends! (If you aren't already.)
Old 06-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
Originally Posted by youme
kwhite, Since I thought I saw a pic of the little girls on your thread one time so that I thought your kids should be little and I got ....... in TDL!! LOL, Hope you would like it though...LOL Could be a BIIG surprise anyways.

Panda
Panda I am still a little girl at heart. I am sure I will love it. Anyway we are having her party this Saturday and I have to get her a pink Princess cake and a Princess cup to drink her rum and coke from. We are two weird peas in a pod.
Kw, don't sound weird to me...when my baby got married...she would get depressed at Christmas, bc I always went to great lengths, with decorating, food, special surprises...you name it...love all the magic...and she wished she was still a little girl, and would run out to the tree, and it would be stacked deep and wide with prezzies! They miss a lot of the changes too, so a princess cup, doesn't sound funny to me at all :wink:
Old 06-10-2009, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa T
And it is a really good sign that she is celebrating with you tonight, not just with her friends. I have a feeling you two will be very good friends! (If you aren't already.)
Lisa we are the best of friends and always have been. That is why the changes of late are so difficult for me. And this 21st B-day seems to be the solidification of all that has been happening. Sometimes I wish I had the crystal ball to look 5 years into the future but then I don't think I would have the nerve to look if I did have it.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:47 AM

My biggest concern when the kids started leaving home was that they would forget how to find their way back.
I didn't mind telling them to remember whose kid they were, either! <g>
Old 06-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Power Poster

Well it's hard when they grow up!
We had 7 at home at one time. When the first one left for College, I cried for days, when the last one left I had her packed 2 wks early! :lol: :lol:

No matter wher she goes or what she does, she will always be your little girl! My daughter is now in her 30"s with s sons, but sometimes she will call and say "mama, I don't want to be an adult today." and I will tell her to come and spend the day with me, and I will spoil her for a couple of hours, then she is ready to go home again!

I was once told this : " a son is a son till he takes a wife,
But a daughter is a daughter for all of her life!"

She's just spreading her wings a little, but will always fly home!

:wink:
Old 06-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
Originally Posted by Lisa T
Lisa we are the best of friends and always have been. That is why the changes of late are so difficult for me. And this 21st B-day seems to be the solidification of all that has been happening. Sometimes I wish I had the crystal ball to look 5 years into the future but then I don't think I would have the nerve to look if I did have it.
My oldest is my daughter Sara. She has been my best friend my right hand and my confidant all her life. When she got married and lived two hours away it about killed me! We went and stayed one week out of every month for three years. She worked three jobs putting her DH thru Chiro school and was too busy to talk alot but we made it she and i. She got really homesick also.
She lives half an hour away now and I see her once or twice a week usually and we talk almost every day.
After them being gone for three years it is still a thrill to me to run into them in Walmart! And they have been back home for 9 years now! The seperation still lingers in my memory I guess and I appreciate seeing them more because of it. I was so glad when they moved back home.

You will survive the changes!! They aren't always easy but they are necessary.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

She is beautiful and looks so much like you. She can now become your new adult friend. Believe me, it will happen.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:38 PM

Wonderful picture you two take!! And not to worry, they may grow older but they always come back to mom, especially have they multiply LOL Now is the time to enjoy all your hard work and start a new chapter in your mom/daughter relationship!! You taught her well...now trust her to remember what she learned mom...she's still your baby, always will be!
Old 06-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

What a wonderful picture of the two of you ! No Matter what comes or gors you will always be her mommy and she will always be you daughter... now you can sit back and watch to see what happens next :lol: Tell her well say : HAPPY BIRTHDAY !
Sharon