Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I think I'm going nuts!

I think I'm going nuts!

Hi, I'm trying to find a thread I saw about two weeks ago. It was on hidden or secret drawers in sewing cabinets. I'm a member of only two sewing forums - this one and the Sewing Pattern Review. I have searched both and can not find that thread anywhere. What makes this extra frustrating is I posted a message to it - so you think I should be able to find it in a search!

Does anyone know where it is, or if it got deleted?

Tate
    King of the Rocketeers!

No, you are not going nuts. There was a thread on the "Vintage" forum here about the secret drawers. I can't find it either. It maybe that PatriceJ the moderator removed it for some reason. Maybe someone else has ideas on where/how to find it.
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

I read it too and found it very interesting. It may have been removed by a member's request -- I recall that a member or two were very unhappy that the "secret" drawers may be revealed on a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenLunaStitch View Post
    I read it too and found it very interesting. It may have been removed by a member's request -- I recall that a member or two were very unhappy that the "secret" drawers may be revealed on a public forum.
    I found that hilarious and silly. I found pictures of all the secret drawers ever invented for sewing machine cabinets on a Google image search.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I totally agree with Onebyone. Not every machine has a secret drawer any way and so what it it's posted. It's the owner's machine now. She can do with the "secret drawer" what she wants. Keep it a secret or not!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    I found that hilarious and silly. I found pictures of all the secret drawers ever invented for sewing machine cabinets on a Google image search.

Blog Entries
    I saw it too,but where?????

I thought there was a way of backtracking threads you've written on
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    I saw that one but did anyone see the draws coming out of the stairs in organisation.?
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    it's quite a mystery.
    the poster did not receive a move or delete notice.
    i can't find any trace of the thread or any indication that it was either moved or deleted.

spoooooooky.

we can only hope he takes the time to post it again.
    then i guess we should all cross our fingers that it doesn't disappear again. LOL
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]