Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I think my dog has it out for us!! >

I think my dog has it out for us!!

I think my dog has it out for us!!

Old 01-07-2011, 10:39 AM

It's definetly not a bladder problem, it's IS a bad habit...He gets his water and food in the morning and again in the evening. Our vet says it's ok to limit his water, so not to leave it for him all day. This morning he didn't bark til 5:30, which is fine with me cause the alarm goes off at 5:45am...so I'll just continue to ignore him if it's earlier...
Old 01-07-2011, 12:10 PM

our dog was doing that and we finally told her to lay down and go to sleep every time she did and she finally stopped took a few days but now she she sleeps till 7am
Old 01-07-2011, 12:20 PM

We have a doggie problem of a different sort. She gets mad whenever I go anywhere and leave her alone. Now she has been left for long periods of time, when everone was working, but now she goes downstairs and dumps and wets. We don't want to leave her outside (also on a chain) because in winter it gets wet and cold. Did I mention that my sewing room IS the downstairs??? We have a daylight basement and all my toys are down there.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
Grrr...I haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks!!! My dog seems to think it's ok to bark to be let out at 3am, every morning! This morning it was even earlier, 2:15am! I can not take any more. We let him out right before we go to bed, between 10and 11pm, and now he's got us trained to come running when he barks at night to be let out. I really can't take it anymore. I had to vent...I just want a full nights sleep...
Yeah, our dogs do that too. Only I've trained them to ring bells on the doorknob to go out, and I HATE to hear those bells at 3 in the morning!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:31 PM

At least he barks, our "baby" is 18, she never barks anymore, and when she gets up it's a crap shoot as to whether she will make it outside or not to piddle so now we're trained to pick her up, take her outside to her favorite grassy area, and set her down so she can do her business! And sometimes it's 2 or 3 in the morning!

Thanks goodness we live in a area where it doesn't snow!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Prism99
Is he an older dog? I know as I have gotten older, I have to get up at night when I didn't used to! My bet is the dog is like me -- would prefer to sleep through the night but can't.

I also think a trip to the vet is in order in case it is a bladder infection.
ya I have 4 dogs and being woke up at nite to go out more than once a month usually means a bladder infection.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
Grrr...I haven't had a good nights sleep in weeks!!! My dog seems to think it's ok to bark to be let out at 3am, every morning! This morning it was even earlier, 2:15am! I can not take any more. We let him out right before we go to bed, between 10and 11pm, and now he's got us trained to come running when he barks at night to be let out. I really can't take it anymore. I had to vent...I just want a full nights sleep...
I'm so sorry to hear your story, but I can certainly relate. My dog has been doing that a lot lately. Luckily for me I know why. My dog is nearly 14 years old and these days he's been having bladder problems. So, even tho I hate getting up in the middle of the night, I don't mind. I'd rather let him out in the middle of the night than have to clean up a mess in the morning. I guess I do have an advantage tho. I don't work so I don't have to get up at any special time in the morning. I can sleep in if I need or want to. I'd suggest you limit water intake in the evening. Just wish it worked for me, lol.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Power Poster

maybe he needs a trip to the Vet to be ck'd out.