I want a Puppy!

Old 03-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by sewlisa View Post
While there is something to be said for getting a rescue dog, you have to be very careful dealing with some rescue organizations. We were burned royally with one of our local rescues. It was very hurtful and painful. We ended up going to "the local pound" (it was called with disdain by that rescue) and found the perfect dog for our family. And we don't have to worry that the rescue will decide that we aren't good enough for their dog and come take her away for some perceived infraction of the rules. It did take some patience and lots of love to get her trained to potty outside, and she does have separation anxiety, but we love her to pieces. And now after a year and a half she knows that she will stay with us forever.
I am sorry you had such a bad time with a rescue.I use to foster for a rescue and I know that sometimes we may have seemed a little harsh to some of the people.(I turned down 9 requests for a chihuahua foster I had) But I have run into some "interesting" rescues since I moved so I understand some of they are just nuts. I am glad that you got a dog from the shelter though. She really needed you.
I will be looking for another dog in the near future. I figure he will find me. :-) My little guy is getting older and we had a issue with him this week and I think having another will make it easier for me when its his time.