Ice Tea

Old 07-14-2012, 05:32 PM
lgc

In New Hampshire we have ice tea. Most of restaurants serve unsweetend ice tea. McDonald's has sweet tea.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
My guess is that unlike southerners, the northern restaurants don't know how to make GOOD iced tea. It's so awful, no one ever orders it . . . so they finally stopped making it!
That is so untrue! I live up North and we always have Ice Tea on every menu. We also love peach and raspberry tea.
I can't drink sweet tea because of the sugar,but, you can get that here also. Now I can't figure out why Europe doesn't drink it, is it because they don't have ice cubes?
Old 07-14-2012, 09:10 PM

In Montana you can get Iced tea in restaurants year round. Also some places have the fountain raspberry and peach tsweetened teas.
Old 07-14-2012, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by 3incollege View Post
That is so untrue! I live up North and we always have Ice Tea on every menu. We also love peach and raspberry tea.
I can't drink sweet tea because of the sugar,but, you can get that here also. Now I can't figure out why Europe doesn't drink it, is it because they don't have ice cubes?
LOL I was just being silly, hence the face. I was born and raised in New Orleans, LA and can't drink the southern sweet tea, either. I like a little sugar but "sweet tea" is just TOO much sugar, for me!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by sandilee View Post
All restuarants/convience stores, etc., here has iced tea. Its a staple. We driink it unsweet. When we go south sweet tea is their staple.
Sweet tea rules! The kind where there's so much sugar in it that your spoon stands straight up in the glass... LOL! Y'know who has goos sweet tea (at least in this neck of the woods)? McDonald's! Who knew??
Old 07-15-2012, 03:08 AM

I live on Long Island in New York and get iced tea all the time! I'm not talking about the drink Long Island Iced Tea either. Just ask and most places have it. Sweet tea is a different story. You may have to add your own sugar. I know that is not the same, but it works.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:05 AM

I'm from VA via WV and we all drink ice tea and all the resturants have it on their menus; including fast foods. Most fast food here offer the large ice teas for $1.00. I don't like sugar or anything in mine. It satisfies my thirst so much better when it's not sweetened. I know there was a time a few yrs back where a lot of fast food places quit serving it due to a violation in health codes. The health department set new guide lines as to what type of container it could be stored in and the spout that is on the container had to be able to be completely taken apart to cleaned. It wasn't before. I'm as finicky about my tea as I am about my coffee, especially since I don't put any sugar in it to cover the taste. I don't like tea that has that off taste it gets from sitting too long or being in a container that wasn't cleaned to well. It will always be my beverage of choice; that and ice water w/lemon are at the top
Old 07-15-2012, 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by 3incollege View Post
and you can also order iced coffee very easily. If it's not on the menu, simply ask. My DD, who lives in Madrid, complains about not being able to get iced coffee there...when she asks, they bring her a cup of coffee and a glass of ice!
Old 07-15-2012, 06:44 AM

As a fellow Southerner, I've wondered the same thing. My family went on vacation in Boston many years ago and when I ordered iced tea, it came with two cubes in it. When I asked for some extra ice to cool it on down, the waitress started to scream at me!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:57 AM

But I'll bet they have things on their menus that you don't find in Mississippi! Ah, diversity - love it!