Ice Tea

Old 07-17-2012, 05:39 PM

Oh my - yes we do. I'm from the Upstate NY and we drink iced tea all year long. Must have been that restaurant
Old 07-18-2012, 01:53 PM

NE PA has ice tea.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:12 PM

I am way up northern Wi-and drink it hot and cold depending on the season or my desire that day.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:44 PM

we have ice tea in summer and winter here in the middle of missouri, and free refills in some restaurants
Old 07-19-2012, 05:02 PM

I'm from central NY state and find ice tea more available in restaurants than it used to be, not just seasonal (summer). You won't find it sweetened however, unless you buy it that way in individual bottles (Lipton, Snapple).
Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Power Poster

In most restaurants that serve sweet tea, I ask for half unsweet and half sweet. All southern food places know what you mean when you ask for half and half tea. And if the sweet tea comes from a tea brewer (next to the soda dispensers) with a name of tea on it, the restaurant has no control over the sugar, it's all prepackaged. McDonalds sweet tea is too sweet and no tea flavor. It is one horrible tea at least in this area.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM

We travel up to Massachusetts several times a year and always find ice tea on the menu in all of the states from Jersey to Mass. You are correct that most restaurants don't know how to make ice tea, it's too diluted and off tasting. I usually get a glass of water with lemon and save my drink money for a nice dessert. .

We have ice tea alll summer long, I make a big pitcher everyday. To enjoy the most refreshing and thirst quenching drink I half full a very tall glass with ice cubes, sprinkle some sugar or sweetner over the cubes and squeeze a big slice of fresh lemon juice over everthing before add lots of cooled tea. Ahhhh, delicious.

For iced coffee I save a big cup of our morning coffee and pour it over ice cubes, no sugar please. Not as refreshing as iced tea but it's so good.

Last edited by May in Jersey; 07-20-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:59 AM

My mother was a northern NJ girl & grew up on iced tea. Us girls make it the same way as Mom did. I use a Corelle Visions 4 qt pot (it's clear with no teflon coating). Fill the pot with cold water, add 4 family size tea bags & turn it off as soon as it starts to bubble. I normally let it cool down. Remove tea bags just before making a 2 quart pitcher of tea. Add 2 cups of sugar & cold water. I also make a pitcher of tea using Splenda sugar & while it doesn't taste as sweet, I still love it.
Sue
Old 07-22-2012, 05:06 AM

My daughter went to OHIO back in Feb of this year for work and was there 2 weeks. There was a group of about 6 people and they were so glad when they got back to NC. The one thing they missed most was ICED TEA! The funnest thing while there was getting their Northern co-workers to start saysing "Y'all" ! hehe
Old 07-25-2012, 03:21 PM

We drink buckets of ice tea all year round...but no sugar, who needs those calories when it is so refreshing just as it is?
Oh and I also drink hot tea everyday...not a coffee drinker.