Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Idea for those of us who do craft shows

Idea for those of us who do craft shows

This is such a cute idea! I had to read the whole article to understand what it was, but it is so simple!
    http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...&utm_campaign=
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

I guess the times aren't really changing. I brought home a goldfish once in my VERY younger days.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

That is such an adorable idea. Would be great at one of those school carnivals......the "winners" of the "fishing contest" could take home this prize! Cute!

Blog Entries
    I've seen them in the past and thought it was so cute.
    for my son when he was little, i'd make him a soap of the month.
    for st pattys day, I made him soap with money in it. cute ideas!!!
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

How cute, I've never seen those before

When my first son was in kindergarten (he's 30 now) we went to the school's carnival. Of course he won a fish. I couldn't have been 3/4 long.
    He named his fish Norman.
    We put Norman in a little fish bowl, changed his water everyday, fed him. After about a month of this, his water only got changed once a week, then once a month.
    Norman kept getting bigger! Each month he got moved to a bigger bowl, which meant the water got changed less because it was harder to do.
    He kept getting bigger.
    Finally when he was over 2 inches long we spent the money and bought him a little aquarium. We set it all up, put Norman in. Oh how happy Norman must have been!
    The next morning we woke up, didn't want to be late for SECOND grade you know, and Norman was dead, lying on the floor. I told me son the truth, Norman was so happy with his new home, he got so excited, he jumped and jumped, the last time too high.

I'm sort of glad he didn't decide to do it for the short time his house was on the back of the toilet!
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean???? Me neither.

It's not how fast you sew, it's how well you sew fast! Wait, I think that's supposed to be MOW!

What are you supposed to do with these?
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
    What are you supposed to do with these?
    Hi Deb, these are actually soap in the shape of a fish-in-a-bag. You let the kids (of all ages) use the soap, and at the end they have a plastic prize, or like Lynnie said, a coin, or whatever you put in there.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

These are really clever. I am definitely keeping this idea in case I do another school carnival.