Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ideas for Party Favors.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen46 View Post
    Thanks Neesie, for you kind words. Maybe you can remember a few years ago when artist trading cards were popular. I did an online swap with an collage artist group of these mini collage magnets. While I was living in cubical land I had my file cabinets well decorated and lots of my co-workers wanted ones of their own so I did a mini lesson during a lunch hour. The nice part is you can use lots of scrap papers as the format is so small. I recommend Elmers craft glue, not school glue, for adhering additional bits or you could use stickers for decoration. Another popular thing was making name plates out of scrabble tiles and the wooden tile holders. You can buy additional tiles and holders from Hasbroro Toys online for not a lot of dollars. For long names I would glue the tiles to a wooden ruler and then rest it in a holder. I gave everything a coat of wood stain to make it a bit richer looking. For gluing use E6000 which is easy to get in any craft supply department. Also if you had some funky tiles from some other games such as boggle you could glue them to a plastic ruler for a more eccentric look. Check in thrift shops and dollar stores for inspiration. These would make great Mom or Dad Day gifts, especially for those who work in cubical land. Have a happy crafty or quilty time.
    Thanks! Will pass that along, as well!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Many, many years ago, when my friends and I were young and still getting married and having babies, we made many favors. One cute favor was a large bead, made into a flowerpot. The bead had flat sides and a magnet was hot-glued to the back of it. The hole was stuffed with floral clay and a tiny sprig of artificial flowers.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Blog Entries
    I would go with candy and /or cookies. I know my 93 yr old Mother would prefer that over anything.
    Quilting in the Desert

Junior Member Retiredandquilting's Avatar
    Ladies - thank you all so much. I have so many ideas now that I will have to choose. I knew you would all give me something to think about!
    Sue In Bloomfield, NY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2