Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If only they would have stood... >

If only they would have stood...

If only they would have stood...

Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
what is really sad is that this is a KIDS movie..how many of those people had their children/grands with them and failed to take that moment to TEACH them respect???
Great point!
This is where it all starts. If parents and grandparents don't teach their children than, what do we expect. So sorry for the loss of your daughter.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:58 AM

AMEN AND AMEN TO THAT!!!!!

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Yes, you should have, and loudly. About the only ones I see standing for the flag at parades are obvious military types and crippled guys who were most likely military. And me, an old lady.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:02 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflies5518
A very touching moment to those that serve and especially to your daughter - I would have been proud to stand along side of you and DH!
Me too!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:09 AM

Sorry about your daughter and all the other lost souls to keep us free. Very sorry about the Cretins in that audience and I would have proudly stood beside you.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:25 AM

I'm very sorry about your daughter. Thank you for the sacrifice. Know that I am standing with you. God Bless
Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 AM

Before the start of Hockey games the announcer asks the people to stand for the national anthym, and he asks for the men to take off their hats.

I hate it when men wear hats indoors all the time.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:49 AM

So sorry for the loss of your daughter, and thank you for the service she gave to our country. I agree that the clods around you have no concept of what love of country is all about.

Perhaps if every one of our politicians had to serve in the military prior to elected office, and every young person had to give some service to our country, our attitudes would change.

Thanks for standing. Wish I could have been there beside you.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:27 AM

Tommie, Thanks for your daughter's service and ultimate sacrifice. There's no greater gift she could have given. I am always appalled at the sense of apathy over our flag and what it represents. Had I been there I would have proudly stood with you and with my big mouth, I probably would have told everyone to get up too! Hugs to you and DH. Carol
Old 07-01-2011, 06:32 AM
nab

My DH was also in the military. At all the military theater they ALWAYS played the National Anthem. Everyone stood and placed their hand on their hearts. It is amazing how many take freedom for granted. I personnaly think that all Americans and those who live here legal or otherwise should go through basic training with the military. There are of course those who are not physically or mentally able to do this, but most of us are. After basic they could stay in or not. It would give our young people some discipline and respect for life and freedom. Ok enough said.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:36 AM

Thank you and your family for the sacrifices made for my freedoms and those of my family & countrymen. So sorry about your daughter. No words to express how deeply I feel for our military losses.

I would have stood and usually I turn to the others in the room and move my arms around to indicate they should stand. Why they can't get on their feet and express respect & gratitude is beyond me. I am so grateful to be born in the USA and for a strong military to protect me and mine.

Thank you!!!