If some gave you

Old 12-06-2010, 07:44 AM

I agree with isnthatodd, but some people are like that. One of my best friends always ask people to help her and never says thanks. She is the nicest person and I love her to death. I just chalk it up to "that's how she is" and move on. At least you know that you did a very good thing!!!

That said, getting a thank you is always nice-hope you do. :-D
Old 12-06-2010, 07:55 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

IM not expecting anyone to jump on a soapbox and shout it out from the roof tops but c'mon a little 'thank you' goes a long way..and poor or not, a TY doesn't cost you a thing...

You did a great deed! good for you..
Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 AM

same thing happened to me.no jumping up & down,just a simple "thank you",or even that the gift was received !
my other thought waS THAT THIS WAS TO BE USED FOR GIFTS FOR NEEDY,COMFORTING GIFTS.when the gift isn't even acknowledged,it makes you wonder....are they really used for the original intent,or just a "sob story" to get free things? am i being pesimestic ,or what ?
but i agree ,i would do it again,in fact alredy have ,but wonder if i'm being "taken"?
please let me know if i'm the only one who has these thoughts.......
dar
Old 12-06-2010, 08:22 AM

saying "Thank You" seems to be a forgotten thing of the past for a lot of folks these days.
Just know you did what was in your heart to do & pray for the lady. She may have more problems than she can handle right now.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
How did the things get from you to her?
I leave them at my gate. I've seen her on Freecycle again asking for things. I've given to freecycle people before and have always gotten a TY. My drive way is not on the main street and you would have to know where to look to pick up so I feel sure she did pick them up. Again I am glad I did it, but yes it does make one wonder what her intentions are. That's on her though, huh?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

No I think that is normal. My children receive used clothing all the time and I make sure they and I thank the people gifting us the items.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:34 AM

No excuse for her not acknowledging that she got the stuff......e-mail or call her and ask if she got it.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:39 AM

I use the Feeecycle in our area. If I would have gotten that I would have had to hug you!! You are so thoughtful. And I would have thanked you online! However, maybe this lady doesn't have internet or hasn't been able to get to a computer since she got it.??? Just know that you did a great thing!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 AM

some time ago I sent some of my handed fabrics to a gal (on another chat room) and she thanked me, but later she sent me a lovely wall quilt she made using my hand dyed fabrics, she even hand quilted it, I was so overwhemed, I just could not belive she went to all that to make me a lovely quilt. She used the rest of my hand dyed fabrics to make a Baltimore applique quilt, It got rave reviews and is on display in her state capital building for a year! She even gave me credit for the dyeing, now how huge a thankyou is that?!!! really made me feel so good.

I hope she felt my thank you as no words are enough some times to convay your feelings, but we must try!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:56 AM

Just a little Thanks goes a long way, so Yes they are passed out a lot around here, Don't care for when you give a Gift or Do somthing and No one says Thanks,dosen't have to be a formal note !!!
Did know of a situation where the child/teen that before could use something was to send a note to the giver,after a while, was much better at automatically Thanking the Giver,
This is a Great topic to be passed around with the Holidays upon us :) and to remind our little ones to say Thanks

So Thanks for the timely reminder!! :)