Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If something happened to you, who would let the QB know? >

If something happened to you, who would let the QB know?

If something happened to you, who would let the QB know?

Old 09-19-2010, 09:30 AM

I'm at a loss. No one here to get online with the news.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:59 AM

People come and go. Such is life.

Hope Darlene is doing well.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:06 AM

Addendum, I nursed my mother through recovery from brain surgery. She wouldn't have been interested in the internet for at least two months. Don't give up on Darlene.

And, I was seriously ill twice. Expecting death. I didn't give a crap about bucket lists or online friendships. Making peace with loved ones and appreciating the little daily pleasures and successes were all I cared about.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
There are several ladies on the board who would call here to check and my DH would tell them. ALthough I am not planning on going anywhere anytime soon, the lord willing. This is a good idea though. I actually have a little black journal that my DH will get should my time come. It has my Charities, QB, yahoo groups,and a lot of other numbers so people who need to know will.
And just in case this happens....Thank you all for being such a wonderful family. YOu shouldn't wait too late to tell someone you love them. DOn't be sad for me as I am wayyyyyyyy past what they gave me and have had a full and wonderful filled life. It's the ones we leave behind that feel the sadness. I want everyone on here to do a happy dance .
Debbie, I've said it before girl, and I'll say it again: you are one in a million! too funny...when I hear from you...is that going to be by phone? or that filmy white wisp that is watching over moi?
You can be sure that if I 'go' first for some reason, I'll be hovering and protecting. I'll ask for that job ;) love you girl, hugs
Old 09-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Power Poster

This is an excellent thread. I hurt my back really bad this morning and told a friend I don't mind if you let ppl know, so they won't worry.
I better hurry and get up from here. Been on the ice and sitting isn't good for a pulled muscle.
It is good to say it:
I love you all and have had the best two years here on quiltboard, ups, downs and all around. I just roll with it, baby! :-D
Old 09-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by loopywren
I don't have anyone who could post for me.. there must be others like me. What to do? Any ideas?
pm someone about being a "lookout bud"?
How does that sound?
I have to limit my time on here now, and it will get shorter for a while, so maybe more than one person to keep up with you is a very good idea.
I think I will show my DD how to go to my Mousepad in case I have to be away for more than a couple days. Fantastic thread!!! :thumbup:
Old 09-19-2010, 01:12 PM

I'm thinking I just might have to write some instructions for my DD. I'm not home alone, as hubby is here, but he is NOT computer literate at all.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:15 PM

Such good and caring people on this board. I'm sure Darlene feels our vibes. I would be so honored if any of you came looking for me, but hopefully I'll continue to be pest around here! ;)
Old 09-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I know if I'm missing for a few days, SOMEONE will either call my cellphone or my house to find me. Not sure if my family knows my password for the board, but to them, it should be easy to figure out.
Doing road trips, I usually have a certain person calling me to make sure I"m ok....right Amma?? lol

I'm sure Darlene is fine. My mom had an operable brain tumor and it took her about 6 weeks to be where she could talk and communicate to anyone. Everyone is different when it comes to this. I'm sure she'll be back as soon as she can.
thanks Terri, for sharing that information about your mom. It's good to know it can be at least six weeks.
I can be a worry mousie, and would be stone crazy by six weeks if you hadn't said that.
Darlene if you are able to read sweetie: WE LOVE YOU. GET WELL! :-D
Old 09-19-2010, 02:34 PM

My DH has been instructed to let you all know. When you open up my internet connection, I have tabs set up with the places I visit most. He knows to come in and post...... :thumbup: