Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If something happened to you, who would let the QB know? >

If something happened to you, who would let the QB know?

If something happened to you, who would let the QB know?

Old 09-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

My Oldest Daughter and Oldest Granddaughter know I spend lots of time on here, hopefully one of them would post about me. I plan on making lots more quilts, but, I don't know what the master plan is, so I may be surprised one day.
DD told me to start making wholecloth quilts if I get to feeling puny as she has enough of her own fabs to last a lifetime. I love this board and all the very nice people on it. Hoping Darlene is getting well.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:23 PM

Ill tell my DH to let someone know.....then tell my DD....you'll hear from her.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:47 PM

Since I am the bill payer in our household, I have a list of websites, log-ins, and passwords for all our bills. There is also a list of names and numbers of people to contact if anything were to happen to me. My DH belongs to an online club much like this for his tractors....and I would do the same for him on there if anything were to happen to him.

Patti
Old 09-19-2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Chele
Such good and caring people on this board. I'm sure Darlene feels our vibes. I would be so honored if any of you came looking for me, but hopefully I'll continue to be pest around here! ;)
Chele, I have your addy. I'd come hunt you down!!
Old 09-19-2010, 06:10 PM

I keep a file box with index cards with all the information and notes of what needs to be done …If anything happens to me my Dds have been instructed as to what to do. My QB card has user name password and note to post a message of my departure and what ever else they feel needs said.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie
Originally Posted by debbieumphress
There are several ladies on the board who would call here to check and my DH would tell them. ALthough I am not planning on going anywhere anytime soon, the lord willing. This is a good idea though. I actually have a little black journal that my DH will get should my time come. It has my Charities, QB, yahoo groups,and a lot of other numbers so people who need to know will.
And just in case this happens....Thank you all for being such a wonderful family. YOu shouldn't wait too late to tell someone you love them. DOn't be sad for me as I am wayyyyyyyy past what they gave me and have had a full and wonderful filled life. It's the ones we leave behind that feel the sadness. I want everyone on here to do a happy dance .
Debbie, I've said it before girl, and I'll say it again: you are one in a million! too funny...when I hear from you...is that going to be by phone? or that filmy white wisp that is watching over moi?
You can be sure that if I 'go' first for some reason, I'll be hovering and protecting. I'll ask for that job ;) love you girl, hugs
YOu are soooooooo sweet and a great friend. I hope we are all having this conversation say in about 15 years. HUGS everyone.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:56 PM

Thanks for posting this, I had pondered the same thing after reading about Darlene. Complication from my gallbladder had me out of pocket for about 3 wks several years ago, so I can't even imagine surgery for a brain tumor. My family hears about my board family, but they don't realize the connections and the friends that you make on here. I have a notebook with names & addys & likes, but , now my family will know where its at and login & PW info and to post and let someone know if something happens. Thanks again for posting. Daphne
Old 09-19-2010, 09:45 PM

Thanks for this topic! I had not thought about any of this. Guess I need to write down Login name & password somewhere for somebody to find.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:49 PM
Power Poster

Yep Terri....someone has to talk you through finding the entrances to Starbucks :D:D:D
I am happy to keep you company on your solo trips 8-)
Old 09-19-2010, 09:55 PM

How long has Darlene been a member here?
Was she a participant in any swaps? If she was SOMEONE has her address... send a card to her... IF something has happened, her family would have a way of responding and then that person could post her condition...