Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
As if women need more padding! >

As if women need more padding!

As if women need more padding!

Old 03-14-2018, 06:20 PM

Terrible!!! I would not wear those clothes across the street to a dog fight...even if I knew both dogs!
Old 03-14-2018, 06:30 PM

I think that these outfits are an insult to a women's intelligence. Do they think that we will buy just anything in the name of fashion.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:43 PM

Horrible! I wonder what the designers were on when they came up with these ideas?
Old 03-14-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by ILoveToQuilt View Post
I do like the crocheted jacket in photo #2. I don't think I'd wear it backwards like it shows, but I do think it is pretty and wearable. The other "fashions".....OMG. ROTFLMAO!!!! Really?
If you look closely you can see the whole thing is l hreads held together, which means it would catch on everything. It would be like wearing a wedding dress to a grocery store. You can do it, but it probably would not look too good afterwards.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:19 PM

The shoes! How can someone even walk in them?!
Old 03-15-2018, 05:08 AM

Those were scary. I did click on the link for Valentino's fashions at the bottom and was very impressed. I could actually see myself wearing them.
Old 03-18-2018, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
If you look closely you can see the whole thing is l hreads held together, which means it would catch on everything. It would be like wearing a wedding dress to a grocery store. You can do it, but it probably would not look too good afterwards.
Ah...didn't look that closely, just at the "lines" of the jacket. I have a scarf that's threads joined in the center and it snags like crazy. Thanks for pointing this out for me. I guess I won't wear this anywhere!

Had to chuckle at the wedding dress comment, though. When I got married the first time (too many years ago to count), I didn't drive, had no money for a taxi, so I did what any city girl did, I jumped on the subway wearing my veil! I had just had my hair styled at a shop (didn't have the luxury of having a stylist come to me), and needed to get to my ceremony site. Gown in a garment bag, veil on my head - off I went! I did definitely raise some eyebrows that day. Wedding #2 - nothing as dramatic. Got dressed at home, drove myself to the church, got married, new DH drove home. Much prefer wedding #2!

Last edited by ILoveToQuilt; 03-18-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

the poor models don't look happy. i guess the designers have a great sense of humor!!
Old 03-19-2018, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Maybe it is just me, but those designers need to leave the drugs alone. I could never be a high fashion clothing designer, I have taste, maybe a bit bohemian, but taste! Lol!

Fashion has sure taken a bad turn when Walmart has better fashion sense.......
the Walmart near us is coming to the 21st century..total remodel.....departments moving, new door fronted coolers, and clothes are getting funky...........I hope they give out maps when they are done......I couldn't find snything the last visit.....wandered around searching, but I was not alone, there were several of us!
Old 03-19-2018, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
If you read the article it states the designer does not expect any one to wear the clothes. It is all about being creative and it's art. Not to be in anyone's closet.
Gee, I'm glad to know the poor designer won't get his/her feelings hurt when nobody buys these pieces of (bleep).