Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
If You Could Chose One from >

If You Could Chose One from

If You Could Chose One from

Old 10-18-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
I would like prices to go back to what they were in the 50's!!
I second this!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-18-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Hi All! I was thinking how easy things of yesterday used to be, less complicating, somehow missing the less modern things of then.
If you could chose just one thing, ok maybe two...what would it be?? I'll start by saying, I really would love to have and actually use a nice old wringer washer!
I didn't mind the extra work, clothes were cleaner, less water waist and nothing beat clean sheets and towels hanging on the line!! :-D
Kinda funny, my mom used the wringer washer and the baby's diapers would always wrap, she'd get so mad, she'd say"" well your suppose to catch them, didn't matter I was only about 6 at the time. In 1983 I lived in WI for a year and my sister lives there, she was using the wringer washer still.
There is so much I'd love no phone, more interacting with other people. I still hang my wash on the line and crazy as it may be I love my sheets most outside in the winter time, oh the smell!!!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Banned

Pre- 9/11 and it never happens
Old 10-18-2011, 10:22 AM

Amen to this.

Originally Posted by seahorsesanna
everything made in america!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:08 PM

Department stores where the aisles are straight up and down and the clerks come up to you and ask "may I help you?" I hate it when the clothes are on circular racks and hanging to the ceiling, and I go around and around and I get so lost in malls and little specialty stores that sell tiny little clothes for tiny little people. UGH! Where are the clothing stores for real people with the clothes hanging in an orderly system so that I can find them?
Old 10-18-2011, 12:22 PM

Double Ditto... Just about everything needs editing now a days!
Originally Posted by sewn3w
Originally Posted by quilticing
Edited TV commercials, no profanity, violence, nudity especially before 9pm.
Ditto and Amen to this post!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:29 PM

I miss quality goods - and not always thinking an item will be on "sale" next week! Everything seems to be made to last only a few years - and clothes are styled for the young - real cute but not at my age!
Old 10-18-2011, 12:32 PM

My favorite thing was just being a kid, playing outside all day until dark and no worries of kidnappings, strangers etc...

Also remember never locking our doors even at night while sleeping and we lived in an apt bldg...Now everyone locks themselves in even during the day.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
My favorite thing was just being a kid, playing outside all day until dark and no worries of kidnappings, strangers etc...

Also remember never locking our doors even at night while sleeping and we lived in an apt bldg...Now everyone locks themselves in even during the day.
I agree, most kids today are at the computer or cell phones, Tv games, so on. When I ask the GK to go outside and play they look at me like I'm crazy??
Old 10-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Hi All! I was thinking how easy things of yesterday used to be, less complicating, somehow missing the less modern things of then.
If you could chose just one thing, ok maybe two...what would it be?? I'll start by saying, I really would love to have and actually use a nice old wringer washer!
I didn't mind the extra work, clothes were cleaner, less water waist and nothing beat clean sheets and towels hanging on the line!! :-D
There was a wringer washer for sale in our classifieds today! I remember when we had one. And the day my mother somehow got her arm caught in the wringer! I had to run next door and get my uncle to get her out!!! We used to hang clothes on the line. I liked doing that.