Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: If your machine was a dog?

If your machine was a dog?

If your sewing machine were a dog, what breed would it be? Our little sewing group had a fun time thinking about this. One was a Lab because it waited patiently for the next retreat, one a Chihuahua because it constantly jumped and skipped stitched, the speedy Juki was a Greyhound, and another (high-end name brand machine) an elegant Poodle. Hope you have fun thinking about this too.

It would be a Westie (West Highland terrier). It is always ready to go on any adventure. All I have to to is turn it on and petal to the metal. No major problems with it. Fortunately, there is NO poop to pick up! Love it.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I guess both of mine would be labs. waiting patiently to get that belly rub.

Blog Entries
    mine would be a Puli, it has threads hanging around it and off of it all the time i'm sewing.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
    mine would be a Puli, it has threads hanging around it and off of it all the time i'm sewing.
    Love that! Pulik are some of my favorite dogs!!

Power Poster
    Well my old treadle would be a Saint Bernard because it's big, noisy but always faithful to sew through stuff my modern machine doesn't like. My Berninas would be Labradoodles ( sp) smart, energetic and sweet natured ( most of the time) with an occasional snarl.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Definitely a lab, a chocolate one, because it's strong, enduring, easy to get along with, accepts change easily, willing to play any time, willing to travel anywhere, friendly to others, not finicky but knows what good for it, just my dear sweet friend.

Jan in VA, my Bernie 1031 and I
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    My bernina would be a bishion frieze, local ready to please at any time but quiet when needed. My janome would be a Labrador waiting patiently for a challenge.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Mine would probably be a mutt as I love scrappies and often make "whatever" pops into my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    Definitely a lab, a chocolate one, because it's strong, enduring, easy to get along with, accepts change easily, willing to play any time, willing to travel anywhere, friendly to others, not finicky but knows what good for it, just my dear sweet friend.

Jan in VA, my Bernie 1031 and I
    Ha, ha Jan. My Bernina 1260 would be a Golden Retriever for the same reason. Love it, and them.
    Name:  DSCF4846.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  69.4 KB

My Bernina would be a tenacious Scottie! My Juki would be a border collie....always working!

Although my favorite breed is the Rottweiler, I would have to say that my machine would be either a Sussex Spaniel, or a Clumber Spaniel. Slow, steady and not easily riled.

(this was a fun question, by the way)

I wonder what kind of car my machine would be.....
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Blog Entries
    Mine would be a Westie as well.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by EmiliasNana View Post
    Ha, ha Jan. My Bernina 1260 would be a Golden Retriever for the same reason. Love it, and them.
    Name:  DSCF4846.JPG
Views: 547
Size:  69.4 KB
    Yes, my Husqvarna Epic would definitely be a Golden (after my Abby & Jessie who has gone over the Rainbow Bridge) & my Juki would be a sheltie (fast & agile like my sheltie, Lady). Love them dearly as I do my machines.
    Dance like no one is watching

I have to go with a greyhound. Sweet, gentle and 40 MPH couch potatoes.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

Blog Entries
    love those beautiful goldens. so pretty and cute too.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Blog Entries
    At one time I'd have said a collie, they are loyal to a fault and dependable. Now that I have had an American Eskimo for several years and an Akita (that just died at age 14 1/2) those would both be on the list. My American Eskimo is by my side constantly and I couldn't have asked for a better companion as my Akita was. Loyal, dependable are great features in a machine.
    Judy

Big, stubborn, quirky, battle-scarred junkyard dog....rescued of course...cheap because no-one wanted him. His name's Jasper. Now my loyal companion.