I'll get it done...soon

Old 04-02-2010, 09:00 AM
Power Poster

Just take care of yourself and don't worry about quilting obligations. Sending all my good wishes to Randy and hugs to you.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:10 AM

My prayers are with you and your family. I work for NYS office for the aging and we have volunteers to transport people contact them and see is they have anything to offer.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:15 AM

Gwyn:
So sorry to hear of your husbands condition. I really hope he gets better for you and himself. I will be thinking of you and holding good thoughts for your husband. Hope he is able to recover.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:54 AM

Gwyn,
Is he in Ogden or at Logan Reg. I'm in Logan. I wish I was closer I could help you with the boys. I'm one canyon to far.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Banned

Prayers going out for you and Randy and your family.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by karielt
Gwyn,
Is he in Ogden or at Logan Reg. I'm in Logan. I wish I was closer I could help you with the boys. I'm one canyon to far.
He is in Ogden at McKay-Dee. We will get the school transportation worked out this weekend, a couple days out of school won't really hurt, but Monday they will have to be back at school. I have adult family who can cover for me with 4 married kids within 3-4 minutes. They will get the boys to school and home again. Today, they had moved next weeks stuff to today to try and get free.

Thanks for all your kind words. God knows what he is doing, I just have to trust Him, Happy Easter to everyone, Gwyn
Old 04-02-2010, 11:32 AM

Bless you girl. If you need help meeting any of your quilt board obligations please let me know. I will help you.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Bless you girl. If you need help meeting any of your quilt board obligations please let me know. I will help you.
Thanks K, I will. Gwyn
Old 04-02-2010, 11:50 AM

Gwyn you and Randy have been added to my prayer list. I don't drive either so I understand your frustration with getting to the hospital and then getting home again, particularly with youngsters at home. Your family is lucky to have you as their very own angel, Gwyn.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:19 PM

Randy is probably not going to make it for very long. He has 4th stage pancreatic cancer that has spread through out the lymph system and made about 3 tumors in his liver. His kidneys are only working at about 50% and his bowel isn't working much at all. The pancreas tumor is the size of a medium cantalope and his whole body is full of infection. Since all his enzymes and hormones are out of kilter, his brain doesn't seem quite right either. He makes funny and silly statements that don't match any of the conversation. He can't stay awake for more than a few minutes unless he is actively engaged. I watched him fall asleep while they were setting an IV today. He didn't even jump when they stuck him. He seems so old and fragile and he has lost so much weight in the last few weeks. His eyes seem hollow...I am truly afraid. Isn't pancreatic cancer a very painful way to go? I'll keep you posted, thanks for the encouraging words and prayers. Right now, I am living on them, Gwyn