I'm Being Interrogated...

Old 05-14-2011, 05:37 PM

by a 4 year old!!!!! DD#2 is all about princesses these days. After a lengthy negotiation with DD#1 (7) they decided on watching Sleeping Beauty this evening. While waiting for her sister to shower and waiting for our popcorn she was grilling me:

"Mommy, how do mermaids go to the bathroom?"
"Do mermaids talk?"
"Are mermaids real?"
"Are all the bad girls (evil witches) friends?"
"Is Ariel at Disney world?" - This I answered yes and her answer was, "Now I'll have PROOF!!!"

This conversation had me on the floor laughing. The best part about it, is that both girls think we are going to Disney World in the summer of 2012. Little do they know that we are going THIS SUMMER!!!! We are surprising them in August and not telling them until the day we leave!!!

Jacki - who doesn't post very much but really wanted to share since DH is at work until tomorrow morning.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Google Goddess

that is so cute, you should just surprise them when you arrive at Disney, can you just see their faces
Old 05-14-2011, 05:41 PM

Kids can be so much fun! If they knew it will be this year you would be plucking them off the ceiling!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:41 PM

they will have so much fun...warning though...I bought my son when he was five and he does not remember it...my other son was 9 the perfect age.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by jackilvsmath
by a 4 year old!!!!! DD#2 is all about princesses these days. After a lengthy negotiation with DD#1 (7) they decided on watching Sleeping Beauty this evening. While waiting for her sister to shower and waiting for our popcorn she was grilling me:

"Mommy, how do mermaids go to the bathroom?"
"Do mermaids talk?"
"Are mermaids real?"
"Are all the bad girls (evil witches) friends?"
"Is Ariel at Disney world?" - This I answered yes and her answer was, "Now I'll have PROOF!!!"

This conversation had me on the floor laughing. The best part about it, is that both girls think we are going to Disney World in the summer of 2012. Little do they know that we are going THIS SUMMER!!!! We are surprising them in August and not telling them until the day we leave!!!

Jacki - who doesn't post very much but really wanted to share since DH is at work until tomorrow morning.
Make sure you have the video camera ready to get there faces as you tell them. I'm sure it will be a Utube monent.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:46 PM

How wonderful---I used to teach PreK and never tired of the conversations we had......Where do they come up with this stuff. My kids are grown but I do remember all of the questions that just never seemed to end. :mrgreen:
Old 05-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

That is just too cute.

I have similar conversations with my 4yr. old son.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:47 PM

What a wonderful surprise! The one real vacation I was able to take my kids on was a spur of the moment trip to Disneyland. My youngest really thought she was driving the car in Mr. Toad's Wild ride. That was hysterical!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:48 PM

We will be driving, so we have a plan.

#1: I will be packing anything I can early in July while they are visiting their grandparents for a few days. This will be hidden in the garage.

#2: Night before we leave I will pack the clothes and other stuff (I will have a list made of what is needed so packing will go quickly).

#3: They will wake up that morning to find a wrapped box. Inside will be a note from Mickey Mouse, a Kids Disney Guide book(for them to read on the way down), and autograph books.

We have all of our dining booked for the week (the sit down meals). On the day we arrive (we will be there early in the morning), we have the princess boutique scheduled as well as dinner with the princesses. We think that DD#2(4 now, but will almost be 5 when we go) will be so excited her head will explode and although DD#1 announced last week that she no longer "is into princesses", we have a feeling that will change when we get there.

Thanks for the replies and allowing me to share my excitement.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:50 PM

And one more thing.....this trip is our first ever family vacation!!!! Two years ago the girls and I went to Myrtle Beach for DD#1's dance competition (DH couldn't go because of school). Last year me and the DD's went to Branson (again for them to dance) but DH was doing and internship and couldn't miss. This year -- IT WILL BE ALL OF US!!! DH graduated from nursing school yesterday and already has a job lined up!!!!!! So, this is a big celebration trip for us!!!!!