Old 05-20-2009, 03:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by sandpat
Now theres an idea Terri!!! Sounds wonderful...awwwwwwwwww :lol:
The tub, wine or cabana boy or all 3? lol
Why all 3..of course!! :wink: :lol:
Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 PM

I don't know what I would have done if it got into my sewing room. That would have been a complete mess!!! I probably would have sat and cried!

Yes, Patti........all 3!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:44 PM

Oh my gosh Terri, i just found your thread, i dont know how i missed it! Good heavens, i'm so glad Courtney was with you to help! And so glad it didnt get your upstairs too, and not too much damage, you relax and take it easy, and take something for those sore muscles!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:51 PM

YOU POOR THING! What a mess. Well, after all the aches are gone and you are rested, you get to say that you have the cleanest floors in town. What a nightmare.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 PM

My water bill is usually about $20/month. I'm thinking it's going to be at least triple that. Will take the last 2 bills, average them out, then see what this next one brings. I'm not going to be happy with it, but oh well...nothing I can do, right?

I did go to fix Courtney's toilet and guess what? Wrong size hose I bought. Sooo, back to Home Depot again tomorrow. Oh well...I'll get my money back and get the RIGHT one. Will bring the broken one with me to make sure I have it right.
When it happened to us, we were on a l-o-n-g RV trip. Fortunately, Mom was paying the house bills for us. When she got a $400 water bill --- you know the rest! Same little bittie toilet part.

Fortunately: single story house; I HATED the carpet; insurance co had to pay to ABATE the asbestos tile from the '60s ($14,000 :!: :!: ). We redid floors (this was Tucson) with real Mexican tile floors - I could just hose it out - again - if I want! Oh yeah, my stash was above the water line!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:07 PM

I'm just thankful it went down the stairs and not into the rooms on the 2d floor. I would have been devestated!
So, now we are in the process of putting things back. Actually going to wait until the man gets home. Courtney and I are still sore, so he can do all the moving of things lol
Old 05-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Power Poster

I am sorry to hear about your flooding!!! Been there myself and it is NOT any fun :evil: Take it easy....sounds like a good reason to go out for dinner the next few nights :wink: while you recuperate :D
Old 05-21-2009, 03:26 AM

We have been having take-out the past few days because we cannot get to the stove. There is a path to the sink so I can get water for my coffee. Gotta have my priorities! lol
Tomorrow, hubby says when he gets home, we will start putting things back. Good thing, didn't want to get up and move. Laid on recliner and legs tightened up on me. Courtney got me some hot towels, which made my legs feel better. Sure wish I had that tub!!
Old 05-21-2009, 03:29 AM
Power Poster

We have been having take-out the past few days because we cannot get to the stove. There is a path to the sink so I can get water for my coffee. Gotta have my priorities! lol
Tomorrow, hubby says when he gets home, we will start putting things back. Good thing, didn't want to get up and move. Laid on recliner and legs tightened up on me. Courtney got me some hot towels, which made my legs feel better. Sure wish I had that tub!!

So sorry, If I could I would mail a tub to you!
Thank goodness for Take out! :D

Ninnie
Old 05-22-2009, 05:10 AM

Karla/Barnbum: I've been meaning to tell you how cute I think your avatar is. This must be one of your new babies? Cute, cute, cute.