I'm soooo glad....

Old 05-19-2009, 11:23 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Good morning Terri! (yes, I'm stalking you!see hugs and kisses thread! LOL)

Take it easy today - the park sounds like a great plan! And Courtney will learn quicker if SHE fixes the toilet while YOU direct! LOL

K x
Old 05-20-2009, 03:13 AM

Terri--I do believe you just passed your stress test. :shock:

house is clean? (she says sheepishly)
Old 05-20-2009, 03:15 AM

Awww....you all are just soo sweet, but I'm sure you've heard it before, so I won't dwell telling you all that. :)

I got the part to the toilet. It's not fixed. I was so tired today that when I got back here with Courtney, I just crawled up the stairs...yes, I crawled....legs are tight, so I started drinking bottle of water after bottle of water. Felt like I was going to float away in my body and all I kept doing was running to "drain" it all out of me. lol Legs starting to feel better.
I don't have any Aleve, but am going to get some tomorrow. Bill is taking my van to bring some people to airport, so I will have his truck. Will swap with him after I get Courtney to work.

Will get toilet fixed tomorrow. Should feel better then. Bill was going to fix it, but he had a rough day at work and has to be up really early for airport run. Good thing we have 3 toilets in the house, huh?

Oh, yes, the landlords WILL fix what breaks in the house, but we are responsible for anything under $50. We don't mind. Little piddly things that break aren't an issue, so I don't mind fixing them. Just don't like it when it involves gallons and gallons of water. When the water bill comes in, we will see approximately how much extra water was "used". I'm sure my bill is going to be at least triple.

For furniture....I have an oak entertainment center and the water missed that. The feet on our living room furniture is plastic, so no worries on that. We have a large area rug in the living room and that seemed to sop up what water was headed that way. Water DID get under/around my curio cabinet. Got that cleaned up and it now has 2 fans blowing on it to make sure it is dry, dry, dry. Some books got wet and some pictures too, but all in all,,,,that was the extent of the damage. I know it could have been worse!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:12 AM

Terri: I'm so sorry for your troubles. Wow! What a mess. Do you live in Navy housing? Years ago that happened to us. We lived in Navy housing and the people upstairs (4 apts. per Unit) had the same thing wrong with their toilet that you described . Us being directly below them gave us the clean up chores. In our flood, the water came down the walls into the linen closet so every towel, blanket etc. in that closet was soaked. I REALLLY do know what your mess is like.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Terri--I do believe you just passed your stress test. :shock:

house is clean? (she says sheepishly)
Oh Karla...you are too funny, NOT!
Just for that, your punishment is....you have to post MORE pictures of your horses/foals and send me MORE pictures of MY ROSIE! :) :)

No, house is not clean,,,,floors are! lol
Old 05-20-2009, 04:18 AM

Feathers, we don't live in housing. We are renting.
But, EVERY towel, and I do mean EVERY towel, whether clean or dirty was used. I have enough towels to furnish about 2 houses. Don't ask why I have so many...ok, I'll tell you. Had a few friends that were redoing their bathroom schemes. So, since they were changing colors, they thought they needed to toss their towels. I don't think so! I'll take them. One can never have enough towels. We keep at least 5 or 6 in the van and 4 in the truck. Never know when you might need them. Plus, the worn out ones go to the Humane Society.
I don't know what I would have done if I only had a handful of towels. I guess I would have started to pull out sheets. Don't have many of those. Only 3 sets per bed and only 2 beds in the house. Not counting the fold out couch that uses the same size as Courtney's bed.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:30 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

OH no !!! A "dry flood"... we had a "dry hurricane" in October last fall. Hurricane winds with huge damage all around. roofs, trees, siding, cars overturned..

Do you have any insurance???? Terri, I am so sorry.. and.. scared !! This could be any of us with a toilet that does not flush properly ! Your water bill will be HUGE too !

The clean up must be easier as you described your home's build, but the STUFF.. We all have STUFF that could be wet !

Thinking of you. Glad you can share and maybe feel a bit better that others' will be thinking of you.
Ellen
Old 05-20-2009, 05:18 AM

My water bill is usually about $20/month. I'm thinking it's going to be at least triple that. Will take the last 2 bills, average them out, then see what this next one brings. I'm not going to be happy with it, but oh well...nothing I can do, right?

I did go to fix Courtney's toilet and guess what? Wrong size hose I bought. Sooo, back to Home Depot again tomorrow. Oh well...I'll get my money back and get the RIGHT one. Will bring the broken one with me to make sure I have it right.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:44 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Glad you've got three loos - would hate to think of you legs crossed LOL!

K x
Old 05-20-2009, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Glad you've got three loos - would hate to think of you legs crossed LOL!

K x
I don't know how we ever survived with one bathroom. Ahh...the good old days, huh? lol
But, I wish we had a bathtub here. I'd be soaking away in it.