International Quilt Day.

Old 03-17-2012, 08:22 PM

What a enjoyable day you have on schedule. Have lots of fun!!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pam S View Post
The local guild (which I have never joined) is having a "quilter's day out" open to the public so I'm going to go and check them out. I was always afraid I wouldn't measure up to their standards. A lady I know in that guild won a first place at Paducah a couple of years ago - if they're all that good, they're way out of my league!
The guild that I belonged to until this year has several published authors of quilt books and several award-winning quilters. I enjoyed being in the guild, but I always felt like I didn't measure up, so I know just how you feel. I changed guilds a few month ago to one that is much closer to my home. With the price of gas what it is, I didn't feel that I could keep driving that far to meetings. I do miss the ladies in that guild, but I am more comfortable in the one I belong to now. We have some very talented quilters, but they are a little closer to my level. I still have a long way to go to be as good a quilter as some of the ladies, but it gives me something to strive for.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by MrsWiggs View Post
Went to a local quilt show @ the boone county ky extension homemakers. Many wonderful quilts & lots of interesting demos. Now i want to do paper piecing, sashiko, lonestar, etc. So much quilting, so little time!
That's where I went too! Loved looking at all the quilts (and realized they're not all perfect either). I really want to try the Lonestar piecing using the printed interfacing. She made it look so easy.