Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
It's mine and I'm not sharing, need a laugh? >

It's mine and I'm not sharing, need a laugh?

It's mine and I'm not sharing, need a laugh?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:20 PM

I have two words for that lady---GROW UP!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
id post the enlarged picture (anonymously of course- so you can keep your job. lol) in the break room for EVERYONE to see including the upper management..
I like the way you think! LOL
Old 04-16-2012, 05:23 PM

I'm actually tempted to get a bike lock and do the same thing to the chair in my classroom. What is it about substitute teachers that make them think they can change the way I have things in my room? It took a long time to get my chair exactly the way I like it and it is very annoying to have to reset everything when there has been someone else in my room. I can totally relate to the person who locked up the chair. Now, where can I get locks for my pencils so people stop stealing them?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

There are some seriously tragic individuals out there.....best to just shake your head, smile and walk away
Old 04-16-2012, 08:05 PM

Stay clear away from that (Looney)~to do what she did was inmature, she needs to get a spanking.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:59 PM

Maybe she stopped by before or after work and felt the need to secure the chair or, or, wait for it---
Someone else in the office is having a laugh at your expense and letting the blame fall on the absentee.

I can't see how the lock is secured but I'd be very tempted to take my little screwdriver and
take the seating section off the spindle, remove the lock and reassemble. The grown up thing, however, is to ask your immediate supervisor to provide you with a chair.

Last edited by Greenheron; 04-17-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:56 PM

I think I worked with that person in the past! She was my boss so I found another job. Hope you get a different job in a better environment!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Greenheron View Post
Maybe she stopped by before or after work and felt the need to secure the chair or, or, wait for it---
Someone else in the office is having a laugh at your expense and letting the blame fall on the absentee.

Oh, perfect! Wish that had crossed my mind. It reminds me of some chair shenanigans in the novel, Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:37 PM

Haaaaa!Wish I had of that!! I am sure I would have gotten in trouble for it. But I had this chair that I really loved. I requisitioned it for myself, used it for years. There was a super sized woman who worked in my computer room in the day time who decided she liked my chair. I came in one day and the chair was nowhere to be found. I knew right away what happened to it. It really ticked me. So, I found me another chair. You guessed it!! I came in one day and my chair was gone. Later when my office was down sizing I got another job in a different department. Facilities brought me a brand new chair. I even got to take the plastic off it. There was a girl who liked to sit at my computer and play games when I went to lunch(cause my computer was the only one in the office that had games on it) and she spilled hot chocolate on the seat of my new chair.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltMania View Post
I'm actually tempted to get a bike lock and do the same thing to the chair in my classroom. What is it about substitute teachers that make them think they can change the way I have things in my room? It took a long time to get my chair exactly the way I like it and it is very annoying to have to reset everything when there has been someone else in my room. I can totally relate to the person who locked up the chair. Now, where can I get locks for my pencils so people stop stealing them?
I am a substitute teacher and I would NEVER change anything in any teacher's class room! If I move something, I put it back before I leave!