Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ? >
  • It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ?

• It's Saturday- Whatcha Doing ?

Old 11-12-2011, 04:31 PM

busy day- breakfast with my sisters and Dad at 7 a.m. then shopping for a few Christmas gifts and a pair of boots for my friend who lost everything in the flood in Sept. Then back home- gs came to hang out so his parents could go shopping. Then my sister called and brought her gs to meet my gs. then my other sister came so she could see the 2 boys. Then my daughter's step sister (from ex's 2nd marriage) came with her 2 boys. My step son and his buddy were here too. We had quite the house full. Lots going on- we were robbed Friday at 1:00 a.m. and the guys were trying to figure out what was stolen and my sisters have been keeping me company because I'm not taking it well. Everyone just left but now is when I get the worst-exhausted but afraid to sleep. Hubby is playing his accordion so I think I will relax and look through some quilt magazines for inspiration.
    Old 11-12-2011, 04:35 PM

went to a quilt show, joann's and lunch with my best girlfriends what a great day
    Old 11-12-2011, 04:40 PM

Actually, I spent several hours today working on my first applique. It is a snowman wall or door hanging for my 11 yr old granddaughter. The background is in purples/violet batiks - the hat is teal blue and the scarf is lime green with teal dots!! Matches her room!! If I survive this one, I will make a traditional one for my grandson. It is from Kim Schaeffer's calendar pack - an applique for each season. Patterns/pieces are very well done. It all comes in a nice folder type pkg.
    Old 11-12-2011, 04:43 PM

Spent most of the day reworking a pair of curtains I had made for my mother and now my son has them in his kitchen. It would have been easier to make him some new ones! DH brought home a pizza and we watched a little TV while eating. I went back to the sewing room for the afternoon and took my large Bow Tuck pattern and reworked the sizes to make a smaller one. I'm too cheap to buy both patterns. We'll see how successful I was tomorrow when I finish it. Now back upstairs reading the QB! Good day!
    Old 11-12-2011, 04:49 PM

It's raining so we are inside visiting our son, his wife and our grandson!
    Old 11-12-2011, 04:49 PM

I have been in recovery mode since having 2/3rds lung removed 45 days ago, so my life is in slow motion. I finished piecing a yellow brick road quilt and started on a Take 5 quilt top. Worked on some binding on a queen size quilt that I keep putting down now for 3 yrs. I only have one side to finish. Took a nap, checked on mom who seems to have the flu. Made some dinner and now just chillin in my recliner checking out the QB.
    Old 11-12-2011, 05:02 PM

Washed 18 windows, 2 sets of french doors and glass entry door and side panels. I will get the rest tomorrow. Did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the bath, swept floors and garage, catnapped for a while this afternoon. I needed it.
    Old 11-12-2011, 05:05 PM

i cleaned my oven this morning, after catching up on a couple newspapers. bought groceries, and worked on a UFO till 8 p.m.
    Old 11-12-2011, 05:07 PM
    Power Poster

I've been puttering around the house today-doing house work, and playing in my sewing room! Having a fun, laid-back day! Right now, it is snowing! Yuk! And trying to stick! My daughter is on a solo excursion in my car--EEK!
    Old 11-12-2011, 05:41 PM
    Power Poster

Ate breakfast, cut and sorted fabric scraps, cut 1-1/2 and 2" strips while doing 3 loads of laundry. Sewed some strips together, cut more strips, sewed more together. Put away 3 loads of laundry. Took care of 4 cats, cooked and ate supper, now on QB and going to play Holiday Express for awhile.Then off to bed and start all over tomorrow.