Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Its so cold outside

Blog Entries

Wink Its so cold outside

when you sneeze ice cubes and have frost on your armpits. lol

When DH was stationed in Fairbanks, Alaska, the men measured the cold by the length of the icicles on their mustaches.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

Blog Entries
    when you throw a pan of water out the door and it freezes before it hits the ground

Blog Entries
    lol oh ice storm.

The best time to eat a popcicle in MN is during the winter..... it does not melt down your arm!!!!!

Blog Entries
    when a moose knocks on your door and asks for a blanket.!!!!

Blog Entries
    jetayre-hahaha -good one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmachin View Post
    The best time to eat a popcicle in MN is during the winter..... it does not melt down your arm!!!!!
    Hey! I'm from Minnesota and this morning I woke up to -10 degrees. Good day for a popsicle, but I'm going to wait for a few days. We are going to have a heat wave pass through - up to +37 - It's called a January Thaw here. Then I am going to have a gin and tonic with a twist of lime!!!!!! And then go back to my tying as the days get colder and colder until May or June comes. Why is it, in the Spring it goes up to +37 degrees, we are all ready to get out the cutoffs and tank tops and sit outside, but in the Fall when it goes down to +45 degrees, we get out our long Johns and they stay on until we hit +37 degrees. Minnesota - Land of Two Seasons ----Almost Winter and Winter., Keep warm folks. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

When it is 49 degrees INSIDE the house, what is going on outside does not mean much.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Last week we had 3 straight days of -45 Celsius (with wind chill) and this morning it had warmed up with -40 !!! Apparently, we are going to warm up some by this evening & for the next days. It will be -15 to -20 during the day & with wind chill, maybe -20 to -25. It is going to get warmer for the next 2 weeks & I sure hope the weather man is right. We have been freezing here. I live in Northern Ontario, Canada & there are days on end when I don't leave the house. Thank goodness I have my sewing hobby to help keep me sane.
    Dance like no one is watching

Blog Entries
    *** I am in the sunny South (South Carolina)
    *** & we were 10 degrees one day last week and 18 the next.
    *** Now drizzly and near 40 with possibility of some Freezing rain tonight.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Quote Originally Posted by Boston1954 View Post
    When it is 49 degrees INSIDE the house, what is going on outside does not mean much.
    Why is it only 49 degrees inside your house?

We are Wisconsin people all our lives, We feel nothing will surprise us any more. But Wouldn`t you know a drunk had to hit our mail boxes on New Years Eve, it was -40 to 50 below, wind chill factor, and we couldn`t get it back up for a week. But the Packers beat the Cowboys that Sunday and all was better. Brother moved to Texas!

Blog Entries
    I'm an old Wisconsinite-moved here in '95. I miss wisc and its seasons ad yes all the snow!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    When I lived up north in Indiana, we were happy when it was above -0-. Little more excited when above 32. broke out the shorts and sandals when it hit 60. Down here we break out the parkas and gloves when it goes down to 60 and below.

Quote Originally Posted by callen View Post
    Last week we had 3 straight days of -45 Celsius (with wind chill) and this morning it had warmed up with -40 !!! Apparently, we are going to warm up some by this evening & for the next days. It will be -15 to -20 during the day & with wind chill, maybe -20 to -25. It is going to get warmer for the next 2 weeks & I sure hope the weather man is right. We have been freezing here. I live in Northern Ontario, Canada & there are days on end when I don't leave the house. Thank goodness I have my sewing hobby to help keep me sane.
    I am feeling your pain sista! Just sayin'.

Blog Entries
    I'm coming your way via SWA tomorrow, tessagin--to Austin--and they are telling me it is 50 or so there during the day and they're freezing their hinies off. We have had cold, rain, snow, wind, no sun for the last week, and I really am looking forward to lovely warm Texas.
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

WOW. It is going up to the 50's here in Missouri. Since we have only had a trace of snow but really cold weather, I guess 50's will be nice. At least no mud from melting snow. They keep saying here just wait, the weather can change in a blink of the eye.

Blog Entries
    This is what I love about Minnesota and the cold weather. Yesterday morning, it was -10 degrees out. This morning, it is +17. 27 degree difference. See, Spring is coming. We are heading into our annual January Thaw, which gets rid of some of the snow

Someone wrote here this saying that I just love: "Winter exists to make Spring feel like a Miracle." Ain't it da truth??? And then my other favorite is: "Some days it's just not worth it to chew through the leather straps." And the last for the day "Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away." That's what I do!!!!!! Two months from today it'll be Daylight Savings Time. Carpe Diem!!!!! Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

We got up this AM and it was -15 F. Burr. 70 inside though.

The last few mornings it has been 10 -13 degrees. Way too cold for me. Inside is 74 or more.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by oh munner View Post
    Why is it only 49 degrees inside your house?
    Old wiring- cannot turn heat up past medium, and no insulation. It's very old trailer.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    Quote Originally Posted by lildinks2013 View Post
    when you sneeze ice cubes and have frost on your armpits. lol
    Well, it has been zero more mornings than not with a wind chill of -15 . Thermostat is on 69 and furnace is running constantly. I let the dogs out for 3 minutes and it was too much. I keep asking myself why am I still in NE Ohio. I love the one about the moose asking for a blanket. Lol
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

I live in So CA just 30 miles north of San Diego and it actually snowed almost 2 weeks ago. We got the snow instead of LV. Last year most of the winter was in the 80s.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

Power Poster
    I know I should not complain but it is cold here in the south. This is one of the coldest winters since I have lived here. It was snow flurries a few days ago...Burrrrrrrrrr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast