Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I've gotten spoiled by quick shipping! >

I've gotten spoiled by quick shipping!

I've gotten spoiled by quick shipping!

Old 08-30-2019, 06:16 AM

Default I've gotten spoiled by quick shipping!

I recently ordered some precuts that were on sale. It is now the 5th working day since the order, and all they have managed to do is produce a label (item is still not accepted by USPS). Amazon has ruined my ability to wait, which, when fabric is involved, wasn't too good to begin with!

[Another quick shipper is ordering anything thru Walmart -- very satisfying.]
Old 08-30-2019, 07:04 AM

Isn't it amazing how fast we can get stuff nowadays?

Shopping online I've always been happy with eQuilter, one time there was a "delay" of an extra day before getting my order out and I got an email update on that.

I live about 15 miles between both the Amazon HQ/North Bend and the Kent Facility. We've used the same day feature for a computer part we couldn't get at the Fry's down the road.

I am totally spoiled when it comes to deliveries, now if I could be a little more spoiled on having expendable cash then things would be even better!
Old 08-30-2019, 07:33 AM

I am waiting right now for my UPS man with my order of Stonehenge fabric! saves me so much on gas that I do not have to drive way into Paducah to Handcocks even have free shipping now need to tear into my sewing room and get it ready to get back to my sewing
Old 08-30-2019, 07:54 AM

Me: OK, I ordered the fabric, notions, batting, books, whatever.
Ten minutes later: I want my stuff.
Hubby: It doesn't work that fast.....
Old 08-30-2019, 08:09 AM

Yeah - here I am, 5 days in with precuts, and they haven't shipped yet. I love to shop at home, but am not good at this waiting stuff!
Old 08-30-2019, 08:44 AM

Do you remember mail ordering? Write on the order form, enclose your check into their envelope.
You'd get your items in about 6 weeks.

It is unreal now. Order things on Monday get them in the driveway the next day (depending on proximity of vendor, naturally).
Old 08-30-2019, 08:51 AM

I love amazon Prime! I love the free delivery, though you do have to watch because other stores my have it for far less and even with shipping it is less. Prime paid for itself within a month. And now I get it for 1/2 price and that makes it even more affordable. I purchase almost all my fabrics via amazon anymore or any store that will give me reasonable shipping and can deliver in one day. I am spoiled in that way.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
Do you remember mail ordering? Write on the order form, enclose your check into their envelope.
You'd get your items in about 6 weeks.

It is unreal now. Order things on Monday get them in the driveway the next day (depending on proximity of vendor, naturally).
I love it! I don't know how they do it, but if some can, why can't all of them be that fast? Some of the slowpokes that come to mind are MSQC and JoAnns.com. Orders sit for days before they are processed and then the shipping method is super slow too. I used to order from Herrshener's too, but gave up on them because they took so stinking long.

My favorite yarn source, LoveCrafts.com, will have the yarns I order in my hands in 2-3 days from ordering.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:56 AM

It's amazing isn't it, how fast we get items these days. I placed an order for a bolt of fabric from fabric.com, one Sunday afternoon, Tuesday morning it was sitting at my door. Wonder if they sold out and are waiting for more to come in. You could always inquire to see if you get a response.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:09 PM

Fast delivery service. You order, get an email saying it was delivered at a certain time and then on your security camera you get pictures of porch thieves taking your package.